• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gauges

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Ford stated 2023 production numbers at just under 15,000 units in Q1 which ended in March. so using basic math theres roughly 3000 dealers nationwide so thats 5 2023 mustangs per lot, obviously thats averaging, theres definitely going to be a lot of lots without any 2023's

correction: 15000 sales, not produced
Sponsored

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
Really? most of the Ford dealerships near me (25 miles and closer) only have a few 2023 Mustangs and no used Mustangs. They are waiting for the S650s.
We're talking 2015-2023 MYs., across the country.

If you choose to pedantically argue only the last 72 hours of stock at one particular dealership or something, I can't help you.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Ford stated 2023 production numbers at just under 15,000 units in Q1 which ended in March. so using basic math theres roughly 3000 dealers nationwide so thats 5 2023 mustangs per lot, obviously thats averaging, theres definitely going to be a lot of lots without any 2023's

correction: 15000 sales, not produced
That number is tainted because of fleet sales. Most fleet and special-order vehicles are already sold before they hit the lot. So that 15,000 is a lot lower that's what is on the lot.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That number is tainted because of fleet sales. Most fleet and special-order vehicles are already sold before they hit the lot. So that 15,000 is a lot lower that's what is on the lot.
i know, i was just putting some numbers to this topic, unfortunately Ford doesnt breakdown by model year (bad wording on my part), thats just Q1 2023 sales for new Mustangs

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i know, i was just putting some numbers to this topic, unfortunately Ford doesnt breakdown by model year (bad wording on my part), thats just Q1 2023 sales for new Mustangs
Ford sold 19,265 (2022-2023) Mustangs in all of 2023.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks, i wonder where that discrepancy comes from then.

either way, you can already see the beginnings of the recent market movements here, S550 sales are up to 2018 levels. i wonder what influenced it more, the Camaro and Challenger leaving production, or Dealers trying to push the S550 out for room for S650's. it will be neat to see how that develops throughout the year though.

it does add credibility to that "dont see them on lots" argument, cant see whats been sold.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks, i wonder where that discrepancy comes from then.

either way, you can already see the beginnings of the recent market movements here, S550 sales are up to 2018 levels. i wonder what influenced it more, the Camaro and Challenger leaving production, or Dealers trying to push the S550 out for room for S650's. it will be neat to see how that develops throughout the year though.

it does add credibility to that "dont see them on lots" argument, cant see whats been sold.
I believe more folks (in 2023) would purchase a Ford Ranger Raptor than a 4-pot Mustang.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe more folks (in 2023) would purchase a Ford Ranger Raptor than a 4-pot Mustang.
thats if they can find/afford it though since most sales are still done on dealer lots anyone looking for a mustang, 4 banger or otherwise, will probably find it easier than a ranger raptor

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
The number one vehicle, in my area that young males drive, are 4 door Honda Civics with a loud cheap muffler, not Mustangs.
Okay yeah, that's a different story then. Won't take that away from you.
A Mustang isn't a Muscle car.
I'm not sure what to define it as sometimes. Some call it a muscle car, some call it a pony car, some call it a sports car. Everyone has their ideas and I've seen people on places like Facebook get extremely pressed because they identified it as something they don't agree with. Whatever people want to call it is irrelevant to me, I just want one. 🤷‍♂️

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
Okay yeah, that's a different story then. Won't take that away from you.

I'm not sure what to define it as sometimes. Some call it a muscle car, some call it a pony car, some call it a sports car. Everyone has their ideas and I've seen people on places like Facebook get extremely pressed because they identified it as something they don't agree with. Whatever people want to call it is irrelevant to me, I just want one. 🤷‍♂️
There is no question; it's a Pony car. As in Mustang. It created and defined the market category.

100%, it's a Pony car.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no question; it's a Pony car. As in Mustang. It created and defined the market category.

100%, it's a Pony car.
In a few years the Mustang will go 0-60 from charging station to charging station.
Sponsored