• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gauges

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Does the ’24 base GT have the two large screens instead of analog gauges? Or is it the same as the pictures of the GT Premium that I’m seeing?
Sponsored

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Yes two separate screens no option for analog gauges anymore

S65026

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape V6
Starting with the S650 generation Ford will no longer be offering a physical gauge cluster on any mustang (including the base ecoboost).

OP
OP
AlloyPony

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
How do you guys feel about that? I'm seeing other automakers doing the same thing (new Chevy Colorado is a great example). They're obviously doing this to save costs. Instead of making lots of hard parts to assemble analog clusters, they can simply toss in some Chinese-made screens and then program it to look any way they want.

I'm not sure how I feel. On one hand it's different and somewhat cool. On the other hand it makes the interior look very cheap (because it is). I'm really torn on '23 vs. '24.

OP
OP
AlloyPony

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
How about instead of “Chinese made screens”
We go with, human made screens or people also from earth made screens.

they’re just like you and me.
You must not have access to a television....

In any case, how do you guys feel about the loss of analog gauges?

OP
OP
AlloyPony

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Well that's true. My speedo is WAY off in factory form. I guess with the digital screen you can make it fast and perhaps calibration can be built in as a feature. That would be neat.

I do think the '23 interior looks WAY better, but I can't decide if that's enough of an issue to keep me from ordering a '24. I guess both have pros and cons.

Hopefully I can see a '24 in person this summer. That might be telling.

Mustang FX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
I do like how they integrated the digital dash into the '23 model, looks clean and sleek. But for the '24 I am not too fond of the digital screen slapped onto the dashboard like an iPad. I do reckon that generally analog gauge clusters will slowly start to look outdated as all new cars are switching to digital screen style, some better integrated into the dash than others.
I agree that your best bet is to see it in person and decide for yourself.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I could go with and appreciate either analog or digital. Depends on the era of the car.

A K-code with a digital display will probably look "weird". Same with an S650 having multiple analog units.

My interests (for both styles) involve functionality and purpose (always #1), then overall design and integration.

OP
OP
AlloyPony

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I am not too fond of the digital screen slapped onto the dashboard like an iPad.
Yeah that's my problem with it mainly. It looks like an afterthought. It doesn't flow into the dash at all. Sticks out like a sore thumb. I haven't sat in a S650 but from the pics I've seen I believe the way the center screen is positioned may even interfere with visibility.

There's no doubt it's more functional though, I guess there are infinite possibilities on how they could program that to look or what info it could show. Choices......

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Yeah that's my problem with it mainly. It looks like an afterthought. It doesn't flow into the dash at all. Sticks out like a sore thumb. I haven't sat in a S650 but from the pics I've seen I believe the way the center screen is positioned may even interfere with visibility.

There's no doubt it's more functional though, I guess there are infinite possibilities on how they could program that to look or what info it could show. Choices......
First off, “analog“ gauges haven’t been analog in a long time. Behind the analog dials the gauges themselves are digital. Secondly these screens are no higher than the top of the dash in the S550 so there is no issue with visibility. Lastly, pretty much everyone here thinks the integration could have been better but it is what it is. If you have any doubts wait until you sit behind the wheel and then make your decision.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray

OK, for real? They're likely made in China, hence "Chinese-made". Don't over analyze.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

🙄 If they are made in China they are Chinese made screens.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
It was more nuanced, there was an inference that they were lesser for being made in china, which is far from the truth.
Sponsored