• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Custom Colors?

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Excuse me if this is in the wrong area, feel free to move if so.

Title says it all, really. I'm admittedly underwhelmed by the color choices the S650 has to offer. The combination I was really set on was Eruption Green with the bronze accent package. Do you guys think Ford would let us custom order "defunct" colors? I'm kind of hoping since the 2023 production run is going to immediately precede 2024s that maybe they'll take it into consideration, but I don't expect that would happen to be honest.
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 Supercharger, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
The are not Porsche. My guess is no

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/newsroom/2020/02/mystichrome-ford-gt.html

https://www.motor1.com/news/389827/ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-production/

Custom colors are not an option. Ford produces up to 1,000+ Mustangs a day. Keeping the system running as quickly and smoothly as possible is critical. They have made them in the past, but it's often a first car, last car or a very special build.

If you are considering a custom color, I see two options:

1. A wrap.

2. A respray. Purchase with an initial color, a base color, which will support the new.

Last edited:
OP
OP

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
The are not Porsche. My guess is no
I asked Granger and they said Ford does not have a custom paint option at any price.
Yeah, figured about as much. Oh well 🤷‍♂️
If you are considering a custom color, I see two options:

1. A wrap.

2. A respray. Purchase with an initial color, a base color, which will support the new.
Not considering a wrap as after seeing EG on multiple S550s in person I don't think a wrap will replicate the color as well as I'd like it to, and I'm not all too into the idea of a respray as I'd like to keep the car paint original. If I can't order EG it's fine, I'll just go for a different color combination.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Yeah, figured about as much. Oh well 🤷‍♂️

Not considering a wrap as after seeing EG on multiple S550s in person I don't think a wrap will replicate the color as well as I'd like it to, and I'm not all too into the idea of a respray as I'd like to keep the car paint original. If I can't order EG it's fine, I'll just go for a different color combination.
or you can wait and see what the MY25 color pallet will look like.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
...Which would give me even more time to save for the car, possibly even pay for most of it upfront by then.

This is something I'm considering.
Also remember that Ford’s QC is absolute hot garbage

I’ll never buy a 1st year model of theirs again

tt55tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I also want that exact setup, here is to hoping we get eruption green for 2025 models. Please Ford!
Sponsored