• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Blue Ember vs lighter colors

toodawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non currently
Anyone with Blue Ember, which looks beautiful, I’m wondering how the paint is to take care of vs a lighter color like Vapor, Grabber, or White. My goal is to avoid the nightmare black paint is with a dark color.
Sponsored

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I have a DMG GT, the dust is really noticeable on it, much worse then my Race Red GT. I feel like I need to wash it every other day, lol. I love the color though.

Last edited:

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 GT Vert, 21 Bronco Badlands, 24 Dark Horse
It will be just like any other dark colored car. I would say the two colors that would not show dust as bad would be vapor Blue and White. Grabber Blue will show it a little more than those two colors.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Anyone with Blue Ember, which looks beautiful, I’m wondering how the paint is to take care of vs a lighter color like Vapor, Grabber, or White. My goal is to avoid the nightmare black paint is with a dark color.
I have the blue ember, and a 2013 grabber blue convert. Neither one seems to be a nightmare. Love them both.
S650 Mustang Blue Ember vs lighter colors IMG_20230723_174512

OP
OP

toodawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non currently
I’m leaning toward Grabber. Just hope it’s not too much color.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
To my untrained eyes, Vapor Blue seems like the best color to avoid dust and multiple washes every week. Of course I ordered black, so I'm dumb like that LOL

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I’m leaning toward Grabber. Just hope it’s not too much color.
GBM can flop, depending on the lighting. In the Sun, the pearl shows and it is bright, but not in a bad way. At lower levels of lighting, the color can look more like traditional GB: solid and elegant.

I'm glad it was available and I was able to select it. IMO, it's a traditional, distinctive hue that's welcome to almost everyone, but not so distinctive as to be off-putting. Contrast that (literally) against the sea of vehicles that often blend into one shade nowadays while parked or driving.

Cleaning, I haven't had any issues in how it shows dirt or grit. Being a light color, it displays blemishes or grime like other lighter shades.

I've noticed Audi, Toyota and Honda have made similar colors over time, so if GBM is not on display, maybe cruise those lots to see if something close is available for study.

Ford has gifted us a lot of great colors the last several years. Choosing amongst them all is sometimes not an easy task! :headbang:

Edit: on a more practical level, color selection could be something to consider as it relates to when or if the Owner intends to sell the car. People should buy what they like. How will any color affect the price or ease of sale? Something really common or too distinctive might be a bit of an drag on that experience.

Last edited:

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
At the end of the day, any color (and I've had most) looks dirty if it is dirty...and you are at all fussy.
Sponsored