• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Crazy Pricing in Massachusetts

Mr.SUB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT convertible
I am new to this board and have a question that may have been answered already but I could not find it.

While shopping for a GT I went to multiple car dealerships in MA. Thinking that they'd all be around the same price I was shocked to see that one dealer had next to the window sticker, a notice that that the car (and all the GTs) was being sold for $5K over MSRP. At another dealer - where I ended up buying my GT convertible from, I got the car for $4K LESS than MSRP.

Any idea why two dealerships within 50 miles of each other would have such wildly different pricing?

S650 Mustang Crazy Pricing in Massachusetts IMG_20240330_144005015_HDR
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Easy answer: Some dealerships are greedy and some people are stupid.

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Were there any difference in paint color/options for the cars that were under/over MSRP?

OP
OP
Mr.SUB

Mr.SUB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, they were basically the same. Colors/options/etc. And ALL the Mustangs at that one dealership had the $5K markup. One thing I did not mention is the piece of paper next to the window sticker actually said something along the lines of: "+$5K due to market conditions"

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
Come here my friend! You are most fortunate to be at the BEST Ford dealership in the state! I am Nassir; your faithful and humble servant; whose only wish is for you to own the Mustang of your dreams! Come; let us sit; drink chai, and talk of your Dream Mustang! I shall make for you a very special price today, my friend!

Inner voice: Run away! Run away! Run away!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

CDNV8S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future owner S650 GT PREM
Some dealers are part of a group of dealers. Some are just stand alone ford owned dealers. Some dealers will sell for 7-8k off MSRP (like mine).

Ones nearby sell for 2k off msrp, another one 2-3k off msrp max.

I hope you dont think they are all the same because they have "ford" in the name, only same thing between them is the products they sell (ford)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some dealers are part of a group of dealers. Some are Just stand alone ford owned dealers.
Most Ford dealerships are independently owned and operated, either as single dealerships or the same group owning multiple Ford dealerships. Some are owned by "dealership consolidators", which are privately owned groups that own/operate multiple dealerships of different brands.

Ford got out of owning and operating dealerships back in the early 2000s after trying to run a series of "collections" of Ford dealerships in various markets.

NH_woodser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium Convertible
As of May 1st, Grappone Ford in Concord, NH was selling all mustangs under MSRP. For once my timing was good and saved $2100. Don't know if the deal is still going on.

OP
OP
Mr.SUB

Mr.SUB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's even better when you're a resident - no sale tax. I bought mine in MA but since I live in RI I had to pay their sales tax, not MA. 7% :frown:

horned-toad

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
As of May 1st, Grappone Ford in Concord, NH was selling all mustangs under MSRP. For once my timing was good and saved $2100. Don't know if the deal is still going on.
shop VA/MD and you can save 3x that.
Sponsored