• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Coolant level when cold

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Ok we have an O'reilly here in town. So no mixing at all? Just pour it right into the clear tank when the car is cold I assume?
Depends on which one you buy. there is concentrate and then there is ready to use.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
Depends on which one you buy. there is concentrate and then there is ready to use.
That to, I just did a already 50/50 since it wasn't much I needed to top it off

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I will look for the ready to use. Not sure if I should fill to max fill line or maybe just halfway inbetween the mix and max lines? Honestly I don't think I've ever put coolant in a car before which I guess is a good thing:)

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I will look for the ready to use. Not sure if I should fill to max fill line or maybe just halfway inbetween the mix and max lines? Honestly I don't think I've ever put coolant in a car before which I guess is a good thing:)
I went a hair above Max's I wanted to see movement easier, and it's easier to see with the Max Line there, won't hurt it being at max.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
I would stick with the Motorcraft antifreeze that is the factory fill. You can get a gallon of prediluted antifreeze from your dealer. It's not that expensive. In a pinch, Amazon has it as well.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I would stick with the Motorcraft antifreeze that is the factory fill. You can get a gallon of prediluted antifreeze from your dealer. It's not that expensive. In a pinch, Amazon has it as well.
Does anyone know the difference between the Motorcraft Gold and Motorcraft Yellow? Look to be the same price at O'reilly.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...on-gold-50-50-coolant-antifreeze/mot0/vc7dilb

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...-yellow-50-50-antifreeze-coolant/mot0/vc13dlg

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Last edited:

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
For coolant I ALWAYS go with the manufacturer's product. Never, ever, ever, ever, go with something that says compatible with X,Y,Z. That is always a compromise. Same for tranny fluid. Just my opinion.
Sponsored