• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clunking Sound Backing out of Driveway

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
So would this be a shipping spacers? This the right and left side of the front end. NOTE: I had a rust proofing done before pickup.

IMG_6873.jpg
IMG_6876.jpg
Not sure if those are the shipping spacers or not but I'm curious about the rust proofing you had done. Did the dealership do it? What brand or method was used?
Sponsored

bloodybobber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Darkhorse
no the fronts are yellow and the backs are white. they are some kind of plastic and go between the spring coils

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
While you're under the vehicle, be sure the dealer installed the rubber "strakes" (air deflectors attached to the frame behind your front wheels)...you should be able to seem them...some dealers have been neglecting to install them.

bloodybobber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Darkhorse
While you're under the vehicle, be sure the dealer installed the rubber "strakes" (air deflectors attached to the frame behind your front wheels)...you should be able to seem them...some dealers have been neglecting to install them.
have you a picture of them?

Drewmandoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang DH
I too have a slight "click" or clank when the car is stopped in the garage and i reverse out. It only does it once, and I had a similar issue with my Focus ST. Chalked it up to the brakes hanging a tad

OP
OP
DRKKNITE

DRKKNITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (Handling Package)
I too have a slight "click" or clank when the car is stopped in the garage and i reverse out. It only does it once, and I had a similar issue with my Focus ST. Chalked it up to the brakes hanging a tad
I believe mine may have been from me not disengaging the hand brake before backing out. It may have simply been brakes sticking. Pleased to say this has stopped and I have not heard it for some time.

Drewmandoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang DH
I don't use the parking brake, but I have it most every time i back out. Happy to say when I drive around, park, leave, it doesn't happen then... Only when overnight.
I believe mine may have been from me not disengaging the hand brake before backing out. It may have simply been brakes sticking. Pleased to say this has stopped and I have not heard it for some time.
Sponsored