• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Check engine light came on. 24 GT 6spd 7600mi

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Update:

It has now been 9 days since the dealer has had my car with little to no word on progress. I am still paying for a rental everyday as they cannot release funds until they diagnose the problem. This is costing hundreds of dollars and on top of what I’m already paying for the car with no end in sight.

On the bright side, they printed out the error codes for me the other day and I think I broke a new record with 5 pages of codes. 😂

Also super excited my car has been driven over 100+ miles while at the dealer, I’m sure that’s really helping solve the issue 😐

I think I’ve hit the 5th stage of grief already as this whole situation is so bad is starting to become funny.
Sponsored

Attachments

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Once again, I got the wrench and reduced power over the weekend. No code could be picked up on my scanner. The car def had reduced power, and it felt like it did while breaking in prior to 1k, or not worse. The wrench did not clear after a 20 mile drive. Only after shutting it off, and letting it sleep and totally shut down, did it restart with no light.

Also got a steering system fault alert. That cleared after two ignition cycles. I again, def felt something was up in the steering wheel, like it lost say, 25% of it's power assist.

This is honestly getting OLD AF.... This is the 4th time I have gotten the wrench light. Last time it was for a ABS fault that cleared after one ignition cycle. No point it going to the dealer with it. Esp when you have to make appointments a month or more out.
PM me your VIN and i'll look in connected vehicle data to see if anything has been set.

Update:

It has now been 9 days since the dealer has had my car with little to no word on progress. I am still paying for a rental everyday as they cannot release funds until they diagnose the problem. This is costing hundreds of dollars and on top of what I’m already paying for the car with no end in sight.

On the bright side, they printed out the error codes for me the other day and I think I broke a new record with 5 pages of codes. 😂

Also super excited my car has been driven over 100+ miles while at the dealer, I’m sure that’s really helping solve the issue 😐

I think I’ve hit the 5th stage of grief already as this whole situation is so bad is starting to become funny.
looks like most of those a "U" codes, usually "lost communication" or "invalid data", almost always caused by a battery, this is backed up by the many "battery voltage" codes at the bottom

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
That list of problems, the first thing I would test is the battery. First because the number of battery reports and second, a number of errors might happen if there isn't sufficient voltage to preform the function listed. It needs a load test as well as a voltage check.
There are just to many failures for most of them to be real.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
Do they have a hotline case going?

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Do they have a hotline case going?
The official Ford account on here gave me a case number and said someone will reach out but I’m still yet to receive anything. This was last Friday.

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Over two weeks at the dealer and they haven’t even begun repairs. @Ford Motor Company reached out and “opened” a case on the 2nd and not a single person has followed up with me. My service advisor barely responds to my questions and seems like he could care less.

I’ve been expected to front rental car costs until they can figure out what the problem is with no guarantee I will be reimbursed. Either that or borrow cars from family for a few days at a time which inconveniences them.

This has been an awful experience so far from Ford. Really makes me feel like they throw customer concerns out the window the second you sign the dotted line. The worst part is I truly love the car and still will after I get it back but the service aspect has been horrible on such a costly purchase.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do they actually know what is wrong with it that needs done? I work for a Ford dealer and I am the same as you, I love the car, but in 45 years in this business across multiple lines, Ford provides the least support to the customer and dealer of any manufacturer I've ever worked with, and I take the brunt of it every day. Not much comfort I know, but at least you know its not just you.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you called, or been advised to call customer assistance at 800-392-3673?

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Do they actually know what is wrong with it that needs done? I work for a Ford dealer and I am the same as you, I love the car, but in 45 years in this business across multiple lines, Ford provides the least support to the customer and dealer of any manufacturer I've ever worked with, and I take the brunt of it every day. Not much comfort I know, but at least you know its not just you.
Thank you for the reply to my rant. This stuff is frustrating to say the least.

Heard this morning they are waiting for gaskets to come in next week and the car will have to be torn down. A couple days ago said there was something wrong with the VCT phaser.

Was never advised to call that number, I will call on my way home from work.

Looking like this if going to be at least a 3-4week stay at the dealer. Is this lemon law territory?

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Texas, lemon law requires multiple unsuccessful repair attempts, so it would not apply here. Lemon law does not work the way people think it works, over the years I have seen 3 people accept the terms of the law for a buyback.
Customer assistance may be able to lean on them for the rental, but my persona experiences with them over the years have left me unimpressed. But its a step in the process that you have to take, once they give you a case # (will start with CAS) then they can open up a dialog with the dealership.
Cam phasers are bit time consuming and we get them as a set of four. I'm wondering why that diag took this long, or if there is something about the 2024's that is different than prior years.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Over two weeks at the dealer and they haven’t even begun repairs. @Ford Motor Company reached out and “opened” a case on the 2nd and not a single person has followed up with me. My service advisor barely responds to my questions and seems like he could care less.

I’ve been expected to front rental car costs until they can figure out what the problem is with no guarantee I will be reimbursed. Either that or borrow cars from family for a few days at a time which inconveniences them.

This has been an awful experience so far from Ford. Really makes me feel like they throw customer concerns out the window the second you sign the dotted line. The worst part is I truly love the car and still will after I get it back but the service aspect has been horrible on such a costly purchase.

I see you are from Cali, may I ask which dealer?

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
In Texas, lemon law requires multiple unsuccessful repair attempts, so it would not apply here. Lemon law does not work the way people think it works, over the years I have seen 3 people accept the terms of the law for a buyback.
Customer assistance may be able to lean on them for the rental, but my persona experiences with them over the years have left me unimpressed. But its a step in the process that you have to take, once they give you a case # (will start with CAS) then they can open up a dialog with the dealership.
Cam phasers are bit time consuming and we get them as a set of four. I'm wondering why that diag took this long, or if there is something about the 2024's that is different than prior years.
I would rather keep this car than go through the lemon law process and reorder/find a car in the exact spec I ordered. Seems like an even bigger pain than what I’m currently going through. But if I continue to have issues of course I will have to look into that route.

I’ve had the CAS number since the 2nd, I will have to mention it in my call today to customer service. I’m guessing it’s taken this long since it’s a new model year but it’s still a long time. Especially since I’m so paying for the car/rentals.

It’s good to hear from someone who has experience though, thanks for the insight👍

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I fully sympathize with you, the next one could be mine! I'll give all the advice I can, you may not like it, but can be assured that its the truth.

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I fully sympathize with you, the next one could be mine! I'll give all the advice I can, you may not like it, but can be assured that its the truth.
I’ll keep the updates coming until this situation is resolved. Hopefully sooner than later.
Sponsored