• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It has ben stated several times that the S650 WILL NOT be based on CD6 but rather an upgraded DC2
Check.

I've read a few things on the D2C in passing; I'll go back and study those.

The differences of platforms and your comments explain a lot of other things I'd been curious about, many of the most recent articles and opinions.

Thank You.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Cable harnesses can be a b!tch and if we consider the fact that the S550 could either have electric mirrors OR dead spot warning signals I get a shiver...
This was more of a budget constraint because the us model was finalized before they designed the export models, so they couldn't add another wire for european models for the electric folding mirrors. It's still a shitty excuse, but it wasn't a problem of the platform.
Hopefully Gen 7 will be build for all markets from the ground up. But already seeing the ugly big export mirrors is a bit worrying. Please don't give us two different rear lights again.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
I just saw the video on Twitter of the trunk lid closing. it invalidates the rear end treatment I have been working on and even the sketch I did this morning. I donā€™t have time to link a Tweet, but someone here can. Given you can see the rear camera and 90Ā° turn and a GT logo, and rear lower deck lid looks pretty short. I also canā€™t tell if itā€™s two-tone silver or just a single silver. But no black plastic. Thatā€™s nice.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I just saw the video on Twitter of the trunk lid closing. it invalidates the rear end treatment I have been working on and even the sketch I did this morning. I donā€™t have time to link a Tweet, but someone here can. Given you can see the rear camera and 90Ā° turn and a GT logo, and rear lower deck lid looks pretty short. I also canā€™t tell if itā€™s two-tone silver or just a single silver. But no black plastic. Thatā€™s nice.
Here's the tweet:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
That's a lot of effort and detail to put into an emblem. Ford is upping their game here.
because they didn't do sh*t for the rest of the car? So they had to mod a 50c plastic piece to pretend they actually did something? :)

That camera panel looks no different than the S550's trunk to back overhang.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
because they didn't do sh*t for the rest of the car? So they had to mod a 50c plastic piece to pretend they actually did something? :)

That camera panel looks no different than the S550's trunk to back overhang.
If there is a difference, you will see it when it is revealed, when you can see the whole picture. A small snippet is not the whole car you know.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Love seeing the refinement in these images. My two cents:

These renders would benefit big time with some more realistic changes made to the wheel and tire models. Would you consider rounding the tire sidewalls? They currently look like giant barrels because of the aggressive, almost-90-degree kink to the shoulder blocks. It makes the car look like it's sitting on stilts or shipping blocks so the whole thing looks unusually upright and boxy.

Also, maybe shrinking the wheel diameter an inch or two? Just a very large wheel-to-tire ratio.

Amazing improvements over your S550 work. Really refined models. Thanks for sharing with us.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
To me, the gill lights (and gills in the old ones) set the Mustang apart. I'd hate to see that element go. Cars are becoming so generic looking these days. Part of that is regulation and part of it is aero for fuel economy but still, the little things make a difference.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
This leak finally got to me. It is so complete i couldn't resist cleaning it up.. I think the ghostly GT front end leak was an early mockup, making this one a better indication of production. There are not enough uncovered spy shots to go on to model the full car, but I am toying with attempting to 3D model the front end in Blender.

8/12 UPDATE

I had to do an outdoors environment shot. I also wanted to showcase the difference between a regular lens and a zoom lens. I know Ace has schooled the forum before.

zoom_lens-jpg.jpg

standard_lens-jpg.jpg

Edit: I haven' t done one in black yet.

back_in_black-jpg.jpg

8/11/ UPDATE

Another front shot for no reason in particular. I did more accurately reproportion the headlights.

redfront_gt-jpg.jpg

8/10/ UPDATE

I have a short video up.

8/9 UPDATE #2

Something for lunch.

grabber-jpg.jpg

8/9 UPDATE

Aaaand finished modeling the GT front.

bloodwhite-jpg.jpg

o-face-jpg.jpg

8/7 UPDATE #2

(from @Ace) I made a GT version out of the amazing rendering of @chazcron. Man I am totally digging this design if the real one comes anything close to it!

chazcron_gt_ace_blue-jpg.jpg

chazcron_gt_ace-jpg.jpg

chazcron_gt_ace_grey-jpg.jpg

8/7 UPDATE

(from @Ace) These renderings look awesome. Just slapped on a few different colors:

chazcron_colored_blue-jpg.jpg

chazcron_colored_grey-jpg.jpg

chazcron_colored_orange-jpg.jpg

8/6 UPDATE

Finally figured a speculative headlight setup I could live with.
HeadlightsRefined.gif
HeadlightsRefined_3.jpg
HeadlightsRefined_2.jpg
HeadlightsRefined_1.jpg

8/4 UPDATE

anglegt-gif.gif

Keep in mind I have no info on the side angle or the top, so the roundness vs flatness of the front clip should be taken with a grain of salt. IF correct, the difference is striking.

Edit: I warped the front end a little to make it match the perspective better. I also moved the scoop back because it looks better.

8/3 UPDATE

Finished with grille. Headlights next.

sraitbl-jpg.jpg

dpred-jpg.jpg

8/2 UPDATE

These are completely modeled, no parts added in photoshop. Making progress.

bluestang-jpg.jpg

yellstang-jpg.jpg

7/31 UPDATE #2

chazcron_tuned-jpg.jpg

chazcron_tuned_orange-jpg.jpg

chazcron_tuned_blue-jpg.jpg

7/31 UPDATE #1

greym7g_overlay-gif.gif

s655_gr_starter-jpg.jpg

s655_bl_starter-jpg.jpg

s655_rd_starter-jpg.jpg

s655_wh_starter-jpg.jpg

7/28 Original Post

OrigM7G.jpg

White-GT-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

White-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

Grey-GT-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

Grey-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

Red-GT-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

Red-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

Blue-GT-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

Blue-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

1659796598877.gif
I just had a look on 2022 Ford Escape in person and I saw a lot of plastic chrome just below the headlights (but inside acrylic casing). Up close, it looked really tacky. I hope the designers of S650 didn't take that approach.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
I just had a look on 2022 Ford Escape in person and I saw a lot of plastic chrome just below the headlights (but inside acrylic casing). Up close, it looked really tacky. I hope the designers of S650 didn't take that approach.
Dang, A close up pic would have been nice. Still there?

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
k
I really like the acrylic cover over the headlights.
I'm still not sure about the headlights, but the overall design looks better than the current car. I love the color too as it looks very similar to my 1320 in Sinamon Stick. IDK I may be coming back to Ford as it sounds like Dodge is done with the V8 after next year. That Banshee looks interesting, but I heard rumors it may be around 90k for the top trim which is way too pricey for me and I'm not sure I want to go all electric at this point. Maybe in 5 or 6 years when the infrastructure gets caught up and electric rates to increase like I'm thinking they will.

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
To me, the gill lights (and gills in the old ones) set the Mustang apart. I'd hate to see that element go. Cars are becoming so generic looking these days. Part of that is regulation and part of it is aero for fuel economy but still, the little things make a difference.
I agree, hate to see the ICE Mustang lose more of it's own identity.

I just have to say most EV SUV's (look like all SUV's ever made but with no grill) and EV sedans (all bars of soap) all have about the same shape in their class and you could tweak 10-20% of their looks in CAD and all would look the exact same.

I would hate to see the Mustang become that in the S750. I wish they would swing for the fences with the S650 at least for what will probably be the end of the ICE Mustang, but they won't devote the money/resources away from EV's.
Sponsored