• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

kendrickdlr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Marquis
Looks like it's going to retain the slanted deck lid look. I personally like it, but I remember there was a lot of negative reception about it when the S550 was first unveiled.
Sponsored

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
Interesting that they’re ditching the black rear panel. Maybe it’ll take more inspiration from the Mach E rear and lights?

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Just think of moving the camera over
the angle between the 2 is way too tight. the rear camera needs to point backwards, not at the ground. I would pencil in 130 degrees.

I also rather doubt they'd carry the 'underhang' all the way across. I just hope it doesn't look like every other freaking Kia. Nothing against KIA since they have the best looking designs of late (except maybe the 2022 models)

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Last one til monday at least. Extended the top front of the hood for a more aggressive stance, reduced the bumper under the grille and added a fake reflector on the wheel well. What a pain. Just missing a blacked out pony in the center of the rim.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! New Stance

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
Back on topic.

I reuploaded it with the proper watermarks.
out of curiosity, how did you make it?

did you take a video of a street, and then add the car in?

is the dog barking real?
is anything else aritifical in it?

good job regardless, i wouldnt have picked it unless I wasnt trying to find it

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
out of curiosity, how did you make it?

did you take a video of a street, and then add the car in?

is the dog barking real?
is anything else aritifical in it?

good job regardless, i wouldnt have picked it unless I wasnt trying to find it
Thanks for asking. There was no car there. I shot the footage with my iPhone. I just visualized where the car would be. I planned the out the shot ahead of time, then I just walked up and pointed to what I hoped would be the headlights and then backed up, walking about 20 feet and stopped. Next, I stood in the spot where the middle of the car would be, and then made a panoramic photo that I later stitched into an HDRI reflection map. I used adobe after effects to track the camera movement . Then I was able to export the camera and ground information into Blender. I plopped my car model in and scaled it up till it felt right. I could have made an accurate measurement, but I was pressed for time. Personally, I think the car is a little small in the space.

Blender has a shadow capture feature which lets me render the car on a layer by itself and it captures the shadow. Then I put the original movie and the renders (it’s a series of PNG files) back in after effects. I also did this for my 2020 Corvette model. I think I got over 100,000 views on that one. Carscoops.com finally clued into my renders and posted a link to the video. I think it now has over 12,000 views. I don’t monetize my YouTube videos, because I don’t like to see ads myself, so I don’t think my viewers should see them either. It’s a shame Youtube puts in ads anyway.

All in all, I thought it up right at the end of the day at work, drove home, got out and shot a couple videos, put them in the after effects and set up the blender render around midnight. I distributed the renders on a couple of computers overnight and the next the day, about 700 frames in total. I got home from work and processed it out in after effects and put it on YouTube.

And, yes, my neighbor has a couple of yappy dogs…

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
Thanks for asking. There was no car there. I shot the footage with my iPhone. I just visualized where the car would be. I planned the out the shot ahead of time, then I just walked up and pointed to what I hoped would be the headlights and then backed up, walking about 20 feet and stopped. Next, I stood in the spot where the middle of the car would be, and then made a panoramic photo that I later stitched into an HDRI reflection map. I used adobe after effects to track the camera movement . Then I was able to export the camera and ground information into Blender. I plopped my car model in and scaled it up till it felt right. I could have made an accurate measurement, but I was pressed for time. Personally, I think the car is a little small in the space.

Blender has a shadow capture feature which lets me render the car on a layer by itself and it captures the shadow. Then I put the original movie and the renders (it’s a series of PNG files) back in after effects. I also did this for my 2020 Corvette model. I think I got over 100,000 views on that one. Carscoops.com finally clued into my renders and posted a link to the video. I think it now has over 12,000 views. I don’t monetize my YouTube videos, because I don’t like to see ads myself, so I don’t think my viewers should see them either. It’s a shame Youtube puts in ads anyway.

All in all, I thought it up right at the end of the day at work, drove home, got out and shot a couple videos, put them in the after effects and set up the blender render around midnight. I distributed the renders on a couple of computers overnight and the next the day, about 700 frames in total. I got home from work and processed it out in after effects and put it on YouTube.

And, yes, my neighbor has a couple of yappy dogs…
Amazing explanation thank you!
The only thing that gave it away was the extra shiny windows. If that was more real I would never have picked it out

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Last one til monday at least. Extended the top front of the hood for a more aggressive stance, reduced the bumper under the grille and added a fake reflector on the wheel well. What a pain. Just missing a blacked out pony in the center of the rim.

New Stance.jpg
I noticed the 2023 Acura Integra is using tri-bar headlights. By the time, the S650 is released for sale, tri-bar headlights will be pretty common in the new car arena.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! acrua intergra headlights

designatedrhythm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost/Chevy Silverado 1500 RST

New Stance.jpg
I honestly hope the FE has an agressive snout like this. I love the dark green as well.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Love seeing the refinement in these images. My two cents:

These renders would benefit big time with some more realistic changes made to the wheel and tire models. Would you consider rounding the tire sidewalls? They currently look like giant barrels because of the aggressive, almost-90-degree kink to the shoulder blocks. It makes the car look like it's sitting on stilts or shipping blocks so the whole thing looks unusually upright and boxy.

Also, maybe shrinking the wheel diameter an inch or two? Just a very large wheel-to-tire ratio.

Amazing improvements over your S550 work. Really refined models. Thanks for sharing with us.
I sized the tires to an orthographic side view. I know the sidewalls are overly flat and planned on fixing it, I have bigger priorities to address first but it might still happen.
Sponsored