• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Camaro Guy Tracks the New Dark Horse Mustang! 9 Plusses and 3 Minuses.

OP
OP
BlackFerret69

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
The highlights I liked:
"Looks are very subjective, though. I would certainly never mistake the new Mustang for my Camaro in a parking lot."

"The standard Dark Horse tires did fine on the track, but the performance package was like driving a totally different car."

"I can promise you that the 2025 Dark Horse Mustang will be better than the 2025 Camaro or Challenger."

And takeaways:
"Pro tip: The metal shift knob is cool, but not so much after it's been baking in the sun for a few hours, so keep a sock in your center console to prevent the second-degree burns."

Ford made a big deal about the 3D Hollow Titanium being designed to "Stay cooler". I guess "Cooler" is still blazing hot, after all it is still metal.

"The downside is annoying glareā€”if someone made a non-glare screen protector that would help remove some of the complaints."

"No HUD? Yeah, that was odd."

Overall the "Camaro Guy" was more than happy with the 2024 Mustang generally and the Dark Horse in particular.

Works for me.

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
No HUD is a weird option in a car with a technology refresh, especially when the Camaro has (had) it, and many modern cars do. It's not a big deal for me, polarized sunglasses make it almost useless during the day but it is a nice feature.

I'm not too worried about a glare on the screens - and if it bothers you there will 100% be a matte finished screen protector you can put on there that will eliminate it.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
No HUD is a weird option in a car with a technology refresh, especially when the Camaro has (had) it, and many modern cars do. It's not a big deal for me, polarized sunglasses make it almost useless during the day but it is a nice feature.

I'm not too worried about a glare on the screens - and if it bothers you there will 100% be a matte finished screen protector you can put on there that will eliminate it.
Do you think that thing would cut down or eliminate fingerprints as well?

OP
OP
BlackFerret69

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Yeah, I have them on my tablet and phone. There are already quite a few out there for dash screens, some are cut to fit and there are a few for other Ford Models with the same sized screen as the infotainment one in the S650.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Having a HUD would be a welcome option, IMO. For what itā€™s worth, I always wear polarized sunglasses when I drive, and for the last two new cars I drove I didnā€™t have any issues seeing the HUD display.
Sponsored