• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Black Accent vs Standard Headlights

Which headlight style do you prefer?

• Total voters

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
There is a significant difference in the look of the headlights depending on your package choices and I'm really torn on which I even prefer.

I'm leaning towards black accent package, but if that costs me an extra $1500, the standard ones start looking just fine

S650 Mustang Black Accent vs Standard Headlights IMG_1794.JPEG

S650 Mustang Black Accent vs Standard Headlights S650 Yellow Splash 1
Sponsored

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
call me blind, but i can't really see a difference between them?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
call me blind, but i can't really see a difference between them?
The black accent package headlamps seems to have a black painted housing with contrasting silver frames for the elements, whereas the standard form looks like a consistent satin gray interior housing and detail.

edit: lmao I got it backwards, the blackout package blacks out the silver frames which are otherwise standard. The inconsistency with the housing being black versus “satin gray” is just a difference in individual exposure and contrast between photos

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
The black accent package headlamps seems to have a black painted housing with contrasting silver frames for the elements, whereas the standard form looks like a consistent satin gray interior housing and detail.
now that you point it out, the black accent package one does look more glossy

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
now that you point it out, the black accent package one does look more glossy
The 3 U-shaped lights on the yellow car are silver, while the ones on the blue black accent car appear to be painted black. The blue one in the original post is the black accent package

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
There is a significant difference in the look of the headlights depending on your package choices and I'm really torn on which I even prefer.

I'm leaning towards black accent package, but if that costs me an extra $1500, the standard ones start looking just fine

IMG_1794.JPEG

S650 Yellow Splash 1.jpg
Personally, I prefer the original, gives the front end more character. But I can understand why some would prefer the cleaner blacked out lights. I'd say it depends also on if you want maximum contrast or not. Those three white u-shapes will look very striking on a black car or something like that.

zhent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Ecoboost
I'd like a set of the headlights on the yellow car, whatever they are, retrofitted into a housing to fit the 15-17 car please...

Since my headlights are getting to the stage where I'm going to have to polish out the hazing, replacing them with a more updated one would be great.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Any opinion, good or bad, is valid. Just keep it on topic and don't argue about another person's opinion.

For me, it'd have to be the black accent package headlamps :like:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
$1500. I'd like to see more details. If the headlights do something other than look nice (like, they are a significant, superior light), or the package changes several items which greatly compliment the car, maybe. Otherwise, I think I'd just add black badging later.

Last edited:

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
The standard headlights definitely have more character. But the black accent headlights seem to make those DRL eyebrows pop more in pictures. It's almost like a LED techie version of the classic headlight design versus more traditional silver look. I know they both have the eyebrows but they seem to pop on the black accent package more since that's all you see.
And why are people bickering about previous model years? Isn't this forum to discuss the s650?

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The standard headlights definitely have more character. But the black accent headlights seem to make those DRL eyebrows pop more in pictures. It's almost like a LED techie version of the classic headlight design versus more traditional silver look. I know they both have the eyebrows but they seem to pop on the black accent package more since that's all you see.
Yea I think you're right. I can see myself liking the silver look more at first and then wishing I had the blacked out lights later. I'm also thinking that package comes with a blacked out roof and possibly spoiler

Does anyone know if the headlights are sequential? I don't think I've seen them in action yet

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm sorry you don't like how the forum is moderated. Please remember I'm not paid to do this, I do it because I love Mustangs and love talking about them.

I'm sure @Jarstang will clarify, but we'll take the same approach we did in the early days of Mustang6g. Once cars start to get into the hands of owners, there will be a stronger approach in ensuring "model bashing" is managed.

Trust me, I don't like the negative opinions either, as I'm a fan of S650. Sometimes it's best to just ignore a negative opinion and move on. If you choose to argue the point, well, some of those negative posters will enjoy that.

In the meantime feel free to report anything you think crosses the line. That way all the moderators get an email linking to the reported thread/comment and can take action if its deemed necessary.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Anyway, to stay on topic, I'm actually liking the standard lights more because they have more visual complexity. But it will probably depend on the color. If that yellow car had the black accent lights I might have a different opinion.
Sponsored