• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base Model/Standard Interior

Podsadka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
I think I actually like the screen situation here more than the premium IP. The “dead zone” between the screens on the premium is a little jarring whereas here you have nice thin bezels.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
they need to be attached with a push-to-detach quick-disconnect so you can take the tablet with you. Even better, option it without displays but you get a bracket for your 10" iPad and the Ford car app.

just joking, but Good *DIVINITY* what RETARD signed off on this abomination? Un-FREAK-ing believable! You can't tell me they focus-group'd this disaster and it met with approval. If it did, they just need to shoot the people they brought in.
You’re just loving this shit, aren't you Matt? It’s like a new lease on life for you. I love it. :cwl: :crackup: :crackup::clap:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Remove the pony from the steering wheel and ask 1000 people what car that interior is from an no one would guess it’s a Mustang. No wonder Ford is going broke. Bunch of morons just killed the goose that lays the golden eggs.
Jeez, whatever you’re taking just stop. Ford is hardly going broke. And since it’s brand new it’s highly likely most people wouldn’t recognize it. How many regular folks would recognize a current Mustang dash if you took off the pony? And killed the goose, really? At least Ford is still making an ICE 2 door coupe. I get it, you don’t like the dash. Fine, ok, we get it. But the hyperbole really isn’t necessary.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Agreed. 2024 and no HUD. I don’t get that.
There is an aftermarket HUD that mounts to the top dash. It plugs into the OBD-II port and uses the USB port/power plug for power. Bad thing is those two cables are flopping everywhere as you drive. But on this new Mustang, it would be hard to use due to LED display is in the way.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Good grief who in the world signed off on these HORRIBLE dash designs? And why is Ford's top brass not stepping in here to cancel this shit and fire the head of design? I don't mind digital screens but the integration is un-fcuking-believably terrible and it completely ruins the style of the Mustang interior. Now it just looks like every other generic SUV.

THIS is how you integrate a large screen into a dash:

S650 Mustang Base Model/Standard Interior 2020_porsche_macan_dashboard

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
You’re just loving this shit, aren't you Matt? It’s like a new lease on life for you. I love it. :cwl: :crackup: :crackup::clap:
They must have invited Marty Feldman to lead the focus group. :giggle:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I foresee a lot of broken glass from idiots trying to steal those nice tablets just sitting there on the dash.
Hasnt been an issue for any other car with tablet looking dash.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hasnt been an issue for any other car with tablet looking dash.
Computer faults
Blown fuse
Loose connectors
Bad sensors
Stripped gear
Overloaded circuit
Wiring problems
Grounding issue
Defective instrument cluster
Hyundai has issued a recall on some of their vehicles due to the display being upside down.
S650 Mustang Base Model/Standard Interior snl-saturday-night-live

Last edited:

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The main downside of OLED displays is the risk of screen burn-in, which causes static parts of the image to be permanently 'burned' in the screen if the same content is displayed for excessive period (like video game burn-in).

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Computer faults
Blown fuse
Loose connectors
Bad sensors
Stripped gear
Overloaded circuit
Wiring problems
Grounding issue
Defective instrument cluster
Hyundai has issued a recall on some of their vehicles due to the display being upside down.
snl-saturday-night-live.gif
Did you even read what i was replying to?

Protip: Context maters.
Sponsored