• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base Interior Spied Up Close for the First Time.

OLD Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That dash is so out of place. Ford design, “let’s see, move the hvac vents down, yes now we have a shelf to sticky tack two screens side by side. Wow we nailed it.”
Not, that looks like chit on a white chicken, does not come close to any design element on the entire car. I would not have a 24 if it was given to me. The second picture really shows how out-of-place that mess looks.
Sponsored

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Wow….. you’ve really got to be trying to screw the gauge/infotainment area up that bad. How did that make it passed the design table?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
When I first saw it, I thought somebody was playing a joke. That is a joke, right?
I really hope it's some sort of a pre-production test mule or else somebody would be fired for this. This terrible mix of S550 elements and grotesque plastic vomit shold not go into production...

Sure, base S550 had a mircroscreen with buttons from 90's, but it'seasy to swap it with something descent. Good luck trying to do the same with these 2 ipads from hell. :facepalm::computerrage:

This "Pump my ride" MTV trend with sticking screens into every hole just has to stop. It's idiotic, we don't need it. We have enough CGI in our phones and tablets.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Bullitt
More proof that my 2020 Bullitt is my first and LAST Mustang. The Premium is not great, but this is pathetic. OK, I take that back, and apologize to all things pathetic..............

DarkHorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse(Pending)
I read a lot of people complaining about the look of the single large screen being “stuck on” looking. But, at least it has levels and is contoured a bit. THIS looks “stuck on”. Yuck.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
this thing would be half tolerable in something like a Ranger. putting that in a Mustang is a big bold F-You to all the fans and buyers. they could just carry over the dash and interior from Mach-E and end up with much nicer solution without any additional investment. I just don't get this...

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Hard disagree on using the mach e interior. Not hating on those that own one and enjoy it but that interior is the epitome of bland and copies tesla while saying "look at me, I'm different because I have this little extra bit of plastic". It's boring and sterile but fitting for a non offensive ev trend follower.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
More proof that my 2020 Bullitt is my first and LAST Mustang. The Premium is not great, but this is pathetic. OK, I take that back, and apologize to all things pathetic..............
Same here with my '19. Personally, I feel the sales numbers will not be what Ford expects, and when they do a poll as to why, the resounding answer will be, "that hideous (or any synonym) dash, of course!".

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Hard disagree on using the mach e interior. Not hating on those that own one and enjoy it but that interior is the epitome of bland and copies tesla while saying "look at me, I'm different because I have this little extra bit of plastic". It's boring and sterile but fitting for a non offensive ev trend follower.
it's still better than this in my opinion :) and with minimal re-work it could be made appropriate for a mustang

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
it's still better than this in my opinion :) and with minimal re-work it could be made appropriate for a mustang
Just....no... Still a hard disagree from me. The mach e interior looks like it's for a compliance ev suv, not a coupe meant to be even an ounce of sporty. The majority of the screen isn't in line of sight, the entire dash is flat, and the speedo screen is too wide and low to show relevant information to a driver.

S650 Mustang Base Interior Spied Up Close for the First Time. 2022_Ford_Mustang_Mach-E_GT_39

556A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I was in the market and waiting for the non premium photos to be posted. I would have liked the S650 Premium but I did not want to wait months for a discounted car based on “supply issues and demand”. The other option was Base GT but the Base Interior was a deal breaker. Sure I can add Katzkin but I cannot do anything about two independent iPads that look like they were an afterthought, just a horrible design. Then all the other cheap materials just solidified it. Maybe they will address the issue with a future refresh and I will take another look. Ended up buying a 2022 with a great discount.