• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto Insurance?

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Currently I have State Farm for my 2021 Jeep Gladiator and I have full coverage, $300k/$100k bodily injury, $500 deductible and I pay $99/mo and I live in New Jersey. I haven't yet gotten a quote for my 2024 GT, but I do have my VIN so I may call to see what my new rate will be before my car comes in. I did just get a letter from State Farm stating they applied with the state of New Jersey to "adjust" rates by up to 25% due to the pandemic being over but I can remember easily paying DOUBLE what I'm paying now so I'm staying put with my current policy.
I called up my agent yesterday and my rate went up $40 to $140 per month.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Has or does anybody use Liberty Mutual for auto insurance? I'm curious what your experience has been with the claims process. Their rates are outstanding compared to our current carrier.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Has or does anybody use Liberty Mutual for auto insurance? I'm curious what your experience has been with the claims process. Their rates are outstanding compared to our current carrier.
I had them a long time back. You just have to go on-mic and do your best Lemu call to get the best service.

They used to have an CMU-alum discount back in the day and were pretty aggressive about stacking discounts. I don't remember making a claim though.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
i'm paying 156 per month, with Geico , 2 people in the insurance.
It's easily to quote a monthly payment without stating what coverage you are carrying. Less coverage; lower monthly payment. Married and over 25; lower monthly payment, don't live in an urban area; lower monthly payment. too many variables just state a lower monthly payment.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've used GEICO for 20+ years and have never had a problem with their service. Their rates have risen pretty sharply in the last couple years though. From what I hear Florida is the most expensive state in the country to get car insurance, which bums me out since I want to move there in the next few years.
I, recently, changed from GEICO to USAA due to Geico wanted to cancel my coverage due adding a cold air intake filter 17 years ago. They said it was a performance enhancing device and the car would not be covered unless I reinstalled the stock air filter assy.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I, recently, changed from GEICO to USAA due to Geico wanted to cancel my coverage due adding a cold air intake filter 17 years ago. They said it was a performance enhancing device and the car would not be covered unless I reinstalled the stock air filter assy.
You need to help us out here....you recently changed insurers....

How would your insurance company, or anyone for that matter, know you made such a small modification?

You changed the air filter 17 years ago? or this whole thing happened 17 years ago and you've been slowly getting mad enough to change companies.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
My insurance with GEICO went up ~$500 for six months by trading in the Jeep GC SRT for the new Mustang GT Convertible. Crazy when you think the engines are very similar and the Jeep cost more.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to help us out here....you recently changed insurers....

How would your insurance company, or anyone for that matter, know you made such a small modification?

You changed the air filter 17 years ago? or this whole thing happened 17 years ago and you've been slowly getting mad enough to change companies.
Geico audited my account last year and discovered my modifications added to my policy. It seems Geico's underwriters changed the definition of "vehicle performance modifications". BTW, it was previously Geico's policy, if you don't inform Geico of the aftermarket modifications, they won't cover the cost of a replacement if they are damaged due to an accident.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
About every 2-3 years I do insurance shopping, make sure I'm getting the best required coverage and best premiums. Last year I switched over to Liberty, as they were pretty much the only company that would offer a new car replacement, what LM calls "New Car" and "Better Car Replacement" options. I went ahead had the Rep. do up a bundle, adding in Homeowners and the F150. The new coverages were practically identical to my previous coverages, in some cases even better, but the best part of the switch was the savings. For me, if the savings isn't going to be substantial, I usually won't do it.
So far, I'm pleased with LM. We recently had an accident (some a-hole ran into the back of the F150 on wet roads), minor damage, predominately bumper damage, hitch bar (max tow) all good and LM took care of everything, even dealing with other parties' insurance in recovering cost of damages. Had money in the bank in less than a week for repairs, all I had to do was decide of repair shop.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About every 2-3 years I do insurance shopping, make sure I'm getting the best required coverage and best premiums. Last year I switched over to Liberty, as they were pretty much the only company that would offer a new car replacement, what LM calls "New Car" and "Better Car Replacement" options. I went ahead had the Rep. do up a bundle, adding in Homeowners and the F150. The new coverages were practically identical to my previous coverages, in some cases even better, but the best part of the switch was the savings. For me, if the savings isn't going to be substantial, I usually won't do it.
So far, I'm pleased with LM. We recently had an accident (some a-hole ran into the back of the F150 on wet roads), minor damage, predominately bumper damage, hitch bar (max tow) all good and LM took care of everything, even dealing with other parties' insurance in recovering cost of damages. Had money in the bank in less than a week for repairs, all I had to do was decide of repair shop.
Thank you, @RLE55. That's exactly the feedback I was looking for. Anybody can quote cheap insurance, but it's the claims process and the service that is most important.

I actually did switch us over to LM completely (auto x4, home) and 3x SXS/ATV (through Safeco, their subsidiary). I matched everything up 100% (liabilities, coverages, deductibles, etc.) and we're saving well over $3K/year. Those savings essentially pay for both the Dark Horse and all three SXS! Getting ready to have them quote a boat policy (we lost ours in a catastrophic storm last year and may be replacing here in the next week or two).

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Thank you, @RLE55. That's exactly the feedback I was looking for. Anybody can quote cheap insurance, but it's the claims process and the service that is most important.

I actually did switch us over to LM completely (auto x4, home) and 3x SXS/ATV (through Safeco, their subsidiary). I matched everything up 100% (liabilities, coverages, deductibles, etc.) and we're saving well over $3K/year. Those savings essentially pay for both the Dark Horse and all three SXS! Getting ready to have them quote a boat policy (we lost ours in a catastrophic storm last year and may be replacing here in the next week or two).
We were with SAFECO too, was surprised when told they were part of the LM family, but rates were much higher, made no sense. Customer Service is paramount with me and is usually the deciding factor of who I do business with.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We were with SAFECO too, was surprised when told they were part of the LM family, but rates were much higher, made no sense. Customer Service is paramount with me and is usually the deciding factor of who I do business with.
With the exception of one year (2012), we were with our most recent insurance company for the past ~23 years. Yes, I did shop around every few years, and things were usually pretty close, but these last 2-3 years, the rates were going up much more quickly on every policy. The kicker? My wife has worked for that insurance company (a Sr Manager on the commercial business side) for all of those 23 years, and another company gave us lower rates even when comparing our rates that included her employee discount!
Sponsored