• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto high beam/Auto low beam issues

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Not sure if it is technically auto high or auto low beam......Anyways......the 2 times at night I have driven it. Works great to start, then I slow down coming into town or tonight I slowed down coming off the exit. Auto is gone. I can obviously turn it to high beam or to low beam manually. The circled white A which means auto mode is gone too (which indicates auto high beam is active). Both my F150's have it, so I'm used to it. I get home turn it off and start it back up and it doesn't come out of it. If I turn it off, open the door and let the lights go off (like I'm walking away), I can start it up and it's reset. Not sure what the issue is, But It seems to be when I slow down it doesn't offer it anymore. I don't honestly care a bunch, BUT, I did pay for it, therefore it should work. Take it to the dealer or has anyone had this happen?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Not sure if it is technically auto high or auto low beam......Anyways......the 2 times at night I have driven it. Works great to start, then I slow down coming into town or tonight I slowed down coming off the exit. Auto is gone. I can obviously turn it to high beam or to low beam manually. The circled white A which means auto mode is gone too. Both my F150's have it, so I'm used to it. I get home turn it off and start it back up and it doesn't come out of it. If I turn it off, open the door and let the lights go off (like I'm walking away), I can start it up and it's reset. Not sure what the issue is, But It seems to be when I slow down it doesn't offer it anymore. I don't honestly care a bunch, BUT, I did pay for it, therefore it should work. Take it to the dealer or has anyone had this happen?
I have had Auto/Daytime Running not engage while it's light out, restart and it was fine. If it's dark out have not had an issue.

Are you saying your Auto Mode quits and headlights go out while it is dark out?

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
I have had Auto/Daytime Running not engage while it's light out, restart and it was fine. If it's dark out have not had an issue.

Are you saying your Auto Mode quits and headlights go out while it is dark out?
It was working fine last night for about 25 miles, got off the exit and the auto indication on the dash was gone along with the actual function with about 6 miles to get home. Lights worked as should, just back to the regular manual operation for high/low beam. Now, auto on has never been an issue at all, lights come on automatically when dark enough, just the auto high beam is giving me fits.

00Smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Vapor Blue 6 Spd
It was working fine last night for about 25 miles, got off the exit and the auto indication on the dash was gone along with the actual function with about 6 miles to get home. Lights worked as should, just back to the regular manual operation for high/low beam. Now, auto on has never been an issue at all, lights come on automatically when dark enough, just the auto high beam is giving me fits.
Mine has done this as well, glad I am not the only one. My DRL's quit working too at random times. It def has to be a software glitch somewhere, since it resets it self once you let the car go to sleep and then restart.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
On my '21 F150, auto headlights seem to enable when I'm over like 32-33 MPH. Below that, they don't. Also, when it's dusk (some light), they can be finicky as well.

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
On my '21 F150, auto headlights seem to enable when I'm over like 32-33 MPH. Below that, they don't. Also, when it's dusk (some light), they can be finicky as well.
Yup, same here on my f-150's. This is a glitch or something I think. Flawless on the highway for 20+ minutes then nothing. Weird.

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Mine has done this as well, glad I am not the only one. My DRL's quit working too at random times. It def has to be a software glitch somewhere, since it resets it self once you let the car go to sleep and then restart.
Not that I'm glad OF the problem, but like you said, at least we aren't the only one!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, same here on my f-150's. This is a glitch or something I think. Flawless on the highway for 20+ minutes then nothing. Weird.
It's not a glitch. It's programmed that way. Here's from another Ford product manual:

S650 Mustang Auto high beam/Auto low beam issues 1709568416401

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
It's not a glitch. It's programmed that way. Here's from another Ford product manual:

1709568416401.png
It's a glitch for sure, this is my 4th vehicle with them. After I stopped off the exit I traveled 5 miles or so at 67mph. I see it every time coming into town or slowing down with my trucks, almost like the Mustang isn't resetting as it will not work until it shuts off, totally off. The screen still has it on too.

00Smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Vapor Blue 6 Spd
It's a glitch for sure, this is my 4th vehicle with them. After I stopped off the exit I traveled 5 miles or so at 67mph. I see it every time coming into town or slowing down with my trucks, almost like the Mustang isn't resetting as it will not work until it shuts off, totally off. The screen still has it on too.
This makes sense, as now that I recall its always after I have gotten off the freeway at night, is when I notice the auto high/low has quit and won't come back on. Even manually pushing them in and out.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was referring to the > 32 MPH thing. That's not a glitch. .

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
I was referring to the > 32 MPH thing. That's not a glitch. .
Oh, sorry, I thought you were thinking that was the issue I had.

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
This makes sense, as now that I recall its always after I have gotten off the freeway at night, is when I notice the auto high/low has quit and won't come back on. Even manually pushing them in and out.
Weird huh? I guess I'll wait for it to maybe Ford Update out of it, but I will call my dealer anyways to have it notated.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
'town' also has lots of streetlamps which will likewise disable. Your statements aren't clear. RU saying that once you're back on a pitch-dark highway the auto-high doesn't resume correct behavior? Unless you keyed the car off/on?

rant: I want to *do unspeakable* to everyone who relies on auto-beam and can't be bothered to make sure their main lights (and tail) are ON when it's way past sundown. They run around with DRL oblivious that their tail lights are totally out and their so-called front illumination isn't also actually ON. It seems certain brands may have wildly defective sensors (Honda? Kia?) but there is no excuse for drivers oblivious to correct operation. If I was king for a day, all this 'automation' would be only allowed if the driver were subjected to 5000V shock as condition of starting the car.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Auto high beams have a mind of their own. I disabled it along with auto wipers. Might as well turn them on when I want to. It’s not like it’s a major effort. Some problems never needed to be solved IMO.
Sponsored