• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Apple Carplay is horrendous

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Neither wired or wireless are working correctly.
Then seems like it could be a BETA problem. When the Gold Master comes out, see if they resolves the issue. If not, report it to Apple.
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Neither wired or wireless are working correctly.
Then it's not traffic cams. It's something on the Infotainment system.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
There was some kind of an update on the iPhone. I started having issues with no sound every other time I started my car. I changed the settings and now it’s much better. Basically the CarPlay is now wireless always.

in Bluetooth devices, select your mustang and make sure it’s “car stereo” as device type.
S650 Mustang Apple Carplay is horrendous IMG_6450

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Yea CarPlay is so darn finicky on mine. I have to close everything or unplug and plug back in several times to get music to work sometimes. Other times it starts right away. It’s annoying. Honestly it started a month or so ago too. It used to work perfectly fine plugged in. I rarely have it do it over Bluetooth as it was more finicky that way.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Then it's not traffic cams. It's something on the Infotainment system.
There was some kind of an update on the iPhone.
Guy's, OP is using a beta (unreleased) version of IOS (17.4). Because of this its is highly unlikely it has anything to do with his cars systems. And it has nothing to do with Apple official latest release (17.3.1)

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
AppleCar via wireless is over a private WiFi network. If you are connected to a WiFi (inside your garage at home) and try and connect to AppleCar play wirelessly it will fail miserably and Audio will just not work at all. Also not to forget the boot sequence when the pony starts up. Even before the audio system is ready - the phone connects and car play fails again.
The only solution I have found atm is - I disable wireless and Bluetooth on my phone - start my car - wait for like 2 mins and then just enable the wireless and Bluetooth back and it works like a charm.
it’s a pain i agree - ford need to fix this issue with the sync and boot sequence. If anybody has the OS for this - we could have a peek!

OP
OP
aternie

aternie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Guy's, OP is using a beta (unreleased) version of IOS (17.4). Because of this its is highly unlikely it has anything to do with his cars systems. And it has nothing to do with Apple official latest release (17.3.1)
I was able to roll back out of the beta, but it’s still not working. I think the below post may be on to something. I wonder if my home wi-fi is messing with it.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
No the cars system sucks when it comes to connecting to phones.

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
I would agree with the statement “ the cars system sucks” my wife new daily driver is a Subaru, the CarPlay works flawlessly, our GT has never worked properly.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I would agree with the statement “ the cars system sucks” my wife new daily driver is a Subaru, the CarPlay works flawlessly, our GT has never worked properly.
My 2018 Audi didn’t have issues. Neither did my 2021 F150. I just got a 23 Bronco and haven’t had issues.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
I had 2 issues with android and 1 issue with apple using wireless. I have not had an issue with either when wired in. I have not had any issues with the 17.3.1. I connect in my garage with wifi on every time and have music playing before putting it in reverse.

The one issue I had was carplay randomly disconnecting. I plugged it in and everything resumed as it was. I had the same issue twice with android auto and it resolved each time when plugging it in.

MrSpookypants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My iPhone 14 Pro Max connects wirelessly for a few drives, and then it just stops connecting until I delete the phone from the car and set it up again like a new phone. Then the cycle repeats, and it's extremely annoying.

The new fix that I've been testing for a few days successfully is to restart my phone right before I get in the car. I've only done this a handful of times during the past week, but the phone connects wirelessly like it should when I do this. It's still too early to say definitively if this will resolve the problem consistently, but I'm going to keep doing it until it fails. Here's hoping the fix is that simple (although it's still annoying in a new tech-focused car).

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
My iPhone 14 Pro Max connects wirelessly for a few drives, and then it just stops connecting until I delete the phone from the car and set it up again like a new phone. Then the cycle repeats, and it's extremely annoying.

The new fix that I've been testing for a few days successfully is to restart my phone right before I get in the car. I've only done this a handful of times during the past week, but the phone connects wirelessly like it should when I do this. It's still too early to say definitively if this will resolve the problem consistently, but I'm going to keep doing it until it fails. Here's hoping the fix is that simple (although it's still annoying in a new tech-focused car).
I have an iPhone 13 Mini on iOS 17.3.1. I have found a few problems of a communication nature (Wi-FI, Bluetooth) are corrected by doing as you say - shut down the phone and restart it. This new iOS is apparently a bit buggy

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My father has a Ford Lightning and is experiencing similar issues with his Android Auto. I have encountered issues myself in the Mustang with Apple CarPlay. In my F-150, I never had a hiccup, but I also was limited to wired Apple CarPlay. Kind of sucks if you can't force the Apple CarPlay to work solely via wired. I think that would resolve the disconnecting issue, but then it also defeats the whole purpose of having wireless CarPlay.

I think the issue is a mix between Apple, Google Android, and Ford Sync.

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
Mine has been working without any issues and I’m also on the same iOs beta. Maybe try deleting the phone from the car and pair it again?
Keep us updated.
Sponsored