• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Apple Carplay is horrendous

aternie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have had the car for about 5 days now. It worked great the first three days. Now though, the apple car play randomly connects and disconnects. Recently it has spent more time disconnected. The whole reason I got the base model and did not get the 301A package was because I was going to stream sirius XM and spotify while using my WAZE app on the phone. Now it is unusable, leaving me with only AM/FM radio. Anyone else having apple carplay issues?
Sponsored

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Mine disconnects at certain intersections when driving because they use a strong frequency for the traffic cams and traffic data and approaching emergency vehicles that interrupts my CarPlay ..google it ..it’s a real thing

Last edited:

OP
OP
aternie

aternie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You beat me to it. OP, have you been running 17.4 since day one? Have you tried a phone with 17.3? Have you done a master rest on your Sync 4?
come to think of it, that may be the issue. I think it may have updated to 17.4 recently. I’ll keep an eye on that.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Mine disconnects at certain intersections when driving because they use a strong frequency for the traffic cams and traffic data that interrupts my CarPlay ..google it ..it’s a real thing
I am not familiar with Apple car play. What communication method does it use - wi-fi or Bluetooth?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Does it work wired?
Yes , which also raises interesting possibilities when one is wired and the other is wireless.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Spartan 818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Mine is about 20% of the time volume seems to disconnect. I’ll explain, I stream pandora from my phone which is connected wireless to the car. Pandora will run and be connected (song will show its playing) but no volume despite setting. No mute on either. No matter what I do it will not play including shutting the phone down or changing the channel. I have to shut the entire car off and open the door to have a chance to reconnect. Usually works the second time but it’s RWALLY annoying.

Pandora works flawlessly in my 2016 Jeep with an old Alpine indash unit. It is wire connected though. So it seems like it’s something with the Bluetooth in the car I’d guess.

OP
OP
aternie

aternie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine is about 20% of the time volume seems to disconnect. I’ll explain, I stream pandora from my phone which is connected wireless to the car. Pandora will run and be connected (song will show its playing) but no volume despite setting. No mute on either. No matter what I do it will not play including shutting the phone down or changing the channel. I have to shut the entire car off and open the door to have a chance to reconnect. Usually works the second time but it’s RWALLY annoying.

Pandora works flawlessly in my 2016 Jeep with an old Alpine indash unit. It is wire connected though. So it seems like it’s something with the Bluetooth in the car I’d guess.

This is how mine started
Sponsored