• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Apple Carplay?

Nv6974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does anyone know if Apple Carplay is wired or wireless? I know that it is supposed to be Sync4.
Sponsored

AroDomi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, 2024 Mustang GT
Has anyone considered the integration of Apple CarePlay into the center screens? I recall Apple discussing the potential for vehicles to utilize all available screens for a seamless experience. I came across an Apple article that touches on this topic, specifically the Next Generation of Apple CarPlay. https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/ Ford is listed as a CarPlay partner and their S650 model has two screens, leading me to believe that this feature is feasible. What are your thoughts on this?

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Has anyone considered the integration of Apple CarePlay into the center screens? I recall Apple discussing the potential for vehicles to utilize all available screens for a seamless experience. I came across an Apple article that touches on this topic, specifically the Next Generation of Apple CarPlay. https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/ Ford is listed as a CarPlay partner and their S650 model has two screens, leading me to believe that this feature is feasible. What are your thoughts on this?
As of right now just the main screen will support standard CarPlay but there is a chance a future update could introduce that functionality and something I am really hoping for. Next gen CarPlay isn’t out quite yet either but I believe we will start seeing cars with it within the next few months

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Add nav function to the driver screen.

It’s a handy feature that I’ve noticed on some cars that have integrated nav and it’s especially handy when it works with the heads-up display. I won’t complain if carplay gets/adds the ability.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Add nav function to the driver screen.

It’s a handy feature that I’ve noticed on some cars that have integrated nav and it’s especially handy when it works with the heads-up display. I won’t complain if carplay gets/adds the ability.
The “next gen” CarPlay does have that functionality now we just have to hope ford plans in releasing it for the mustangs

Reactions: Zig

AroDomi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, 2024 Mustang GT
I came across an article in a forum discussing Ford's dedication to integrating Apple Carplay and its future enhancements. The article also highlights that the Mach-E model already has a version of the feature in place. It seems reasonable for Ford to include this feature in their latest S650 release as well. Here's the link to the article: https://9to5mac.com/2023/04/13/ford-carplay-support-commitment/.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
it makes sense, maybe not for the S650 at least, Ford already off loaded most of the dev work with Unreal 5, but them going with apple in other products can help streamline a lot of the software side of R&D
Sponsored