• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Customizable Apple Carplay coming in 2024?

KeanuFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse *orderd*
Hey guys, anyone know anything about the new mustang getting the New apple car play in 2024 where we can customize our dash cluster? Apple said in the presentation this year that it was working with ford on intergrating this in there future cars, i hope one of those was this year's upcoming mustang.
S650 Mustang Customizable Apple Carplay coming in 2024? 1680753823274
Sponsored

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Hey guys, anyone know anything about the new mustang getting the New apple car play in 2024 where we can customize our dash cluster? Apple said in the presentation this year that it was working with ford on intergrating this in there future cars, i hope one of those was this year's upcoming mustang.
1680753823274.png
If that presentation happened very recently I'd say it's safe to assume it's probably not coming to the 24s. Maybe in an OTA update?

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
This is was announced at last years WWDC in June so about a year ago by the time the cars hit the lot. Ford can definitely update the CarPlay system to be able to use this version of CarPlay but would they who knows. No car has been released with the new version yet but if Ford wants to hit the younger crowd with this car which with every other decision they have made I think it will definitely come but I am really hoping it will retroactively.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
This is was announced at last years WWDC in June so about a year ago by the time the cars hit the lot. Ford can definitely update the CarPlay system to be able to use this version of CarPlay but would they who knows. No car has been released with the new version yet but if Ford wants to hit the younger crowd with this car which with every other decision they have made I think it will definitely come but I am really hoping it will retroactively.
This is far more than just a newer version of what we now know as CarPlay. It requires full integration with the dashboard and its systems. It will be interesting to see how manufacturers do this. That said I believe it would unlikely it would be backwards compatible.

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/12/28/next-generation-carplay-features/

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
This is far more than just a newer version of what we now know as CarPlay. It requires full integration with the dashboard and its systems. It will be interesting to see how manufacturers do this. That said I believe it would unlikely it would be backwards compatible.

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/12/28/next-generation-carplay-features/
Yea it takes over the cars entire infotainment system including climate control. Technically speaking it definitely can be backwards compatible because all of that information is already on the mustangs new all digital dash but who’s know if they will. When manufacturers first started putting CarPlay in their cars some of them did allow older models within a year or two to also be updated so I’m hoping this will be the case especially now it can just be a OTA software update.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
I was able to retrofit a 2016 mustang gt premium with Apple car play. I had to replace the usb hub with one that had a new part number. And I also had to update the sync software on it using a method that wasn’t officially supported.

Yea it takes over the cars entire infotainment system including climate control. Technically speaking it definitely can be backwards compatible because all of that information is already on the mustangs new all digital dash but who’s know if they will. When manufacturers first started putting CarPlay in their cars some of them did allow older models within a year or two to also be updated so I’m hoping this will be the case especially now it can just be a OTA software update.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I was able to retrofit a 2016 mustang gt premium with Apple car play. I had to replace the usb hub with one that had a new part number. And I also had to update the sync software on it using a method that wasn’t officially supported.
Did the update work as well as OEM? This upgrade shouldn’t require any hardware changes just Ford to pass information to a different system. There isn’t a whole lot of info on this new version of CarPlay so only time will tell. Also I am talking exclusively about the 24 mustang, other cars might require hardware changes and other upgrades for this to work retroactively but from my understanding the 24 mustang shouldn’t

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
The USB hub in the 2016 gt premium did not support Apple car play. The software update itself did work as well as OEM. But Apple car play did not work until I replaced the USB hub.

Did the update work as well as OEM? This upgrade shouldn’t require any hardware changes just Ford to pass information to a different system. There isn’t a whole lot of info on this new version of CarPlay so only time will tell. Also I am talking exclusively about the 24 mustang, other cars might require hardware changes and other upgrades for this to work retroactively but from my understanding the 24 mustang shouldn’t

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS