• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone making changes?!??

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
It’s not at all a requirement, it was a strong recommendation after I asked for his opinion. I genuinely don’t mind for the most part, I just would’ve preferred Rapid Red with white stripes (to match my someday-will-be-completed 1965 Mustang)
That’s all without mentioning all the benefits I get with my broker vs others (namely, I don’t have to do any lead hunting) and that my broker covered my schooling costs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
My dealer told me that I couldn’t make any changes bc I have a vin and a build week of 8/21. Does anyone know if this is true?
Changes like color should be possible. Packages might not be able to be changed.

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
My dealer told me that I couldn’t make any changes bc I have a vin and a build week of 8/21. Does anyone know if this is true?
Ford chat told me changes could be made right up to actual production. Then said my VIN was locked in as is, no changes allowed. It must be something about the early production.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I have an 8/21 build week as well. The dealer just changed the brake calipers from black to red today. I confirmed the change is showing when I check the order status online. They initially forgot to option the red calipers, and they said it wasn’t a big deal to change as long as it had not gone into production. I have no idea if certain changes are allowed while others are not, but there obviously are some changes possible even after a vin has been assigned.

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just text my salesman. Ford can approve changes but it’s up to ford to allow them. My color change has been approved because it’s showing up on my tracker as dark matter grey. It did push my build date back 3 days though.

Justin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner BMW 5 series
I have an 8/21 build week as well. The dealer just changed the brake calipers from black to red today. I confirmed the change is showing when I check the order status online. They initially forgot to option the red calipers, and they said it wasn’t a big deal to change as long as it had not gone into production. I have no idea if certain changes are allowed while others are not, but there obviously are some changes possible even after a vin has been assigned.
Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I’m going to speak to the manager

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So apparently, it seems making changes made post-VIN and pre-production depends on whether your dealer is willing to jump through the hoops Ford requires to make it happen (I'm guessing many are not).

Thus, making changes will be much harder but not impossible.

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I changed from this….
S650 Mustang Anyone making changes?!?? IMG_1528

To this….
S650 Mustang Anyone making changes?!?? IMG_1531

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Race red looks amazing! I just didn’t like the way it looked with convertible top.
but it looks badass on the Dark Horse!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
With the build and price tool being updated we can finally get an idea how things look with certain options. I for one did not really love my color with the bronze wheels and called my dealer to make the change. (Was race red, now it’s dark matter grey). Anyone else debating a change or already make one?!
Red and bronze is like chicken nuggets swimming in ketchup, good change lol

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red and bronze is like chicken nuggets swimming in ketchup, good change lol
In my defense I wanted the NPP and was going to swap things out after the purchase. Just hate the silver badges and wheels

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
Per the link below from mustang6, Flat Rock closes tomorrow for 2 weeks, so anyone scheduled for a build in the remainder of July may well get the no changes possible like I did.

Flat Rock
Sponsored