• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone know the torque numbers for these bolts (don't know what they're called)

dirtgnome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I was installing the air deflectors on the performance pack the dealer forgot to install so I loosened up the bolts marked in the pic thinking I needed to remove them, but the aeros already had a pre cut holes for those two bolts. I have no idea what these two bolts are for so I don't even know what to look up for the torque specs.

S650 Mustang Anyone know the torque numbers for these bolts (don't know what they're called) 20240405_170404
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Tight. Worse case and itā€™s really a swag of a fudge but if you didnā€™t break the other side free you ā€˜couldā€™ potentially use the torque of the others to find the value.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
That is for the lugs. 150 ft lbs seems high for those. You can use a torque wrench for the other side like suggested to get a close ballpark.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
That is for the lugs. 150 ft lbs seems high for those. You can use a torque wrench for the other side like suggested to get a close ballpark.
Yep my bad...deleted reply.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Take one all the way out and see what metric thread size they have. Match up the markings to see what grade/ class they are. Grab a chart from the internet.

I suspect they are grade 5 and 8mm? If that's the case maybe 20 ft lbs?
Sponsored