• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anti-rust treatment Mustang S650

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I mean I get it and why someone would need it if they live in a climate that would require that.
Which is still the outstanding question. Havent noticed a pic of a ‘24 underbody detailing the elements that ‘rust’.
Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well aware of parts that rust, in fact had the fuel filler rust through on the wifes rustang once but isn’t the thread about the ‘24.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
I live up north, have my whole life. If you drive the car in the salt, it's going to get rust at some point. You can't undercoat a body panel. There are more and more aluminum pieces under the cars these days so that helps.

You can go to a used car lot here and pick out which cars and which haven't. Not everything gets undercoat. Pop the hood and check the engine for salt spray.

The smart people up here don't drive theirs in the winter, it's that simple. When I buy a car like a Mustang that I want to keep nice, I either buy one that's been garaged or buy one from out of state.

if you want the car to slowly rust away, fight rusty fasteners, etc go for it. Experience people are just trying to warn others.

As I said before, there's no point driving these cars in the shitty weather and cold anyway. They're no fun.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live up north, have my whole life. If you drive the car in the salt, it's going to get rust at some point. You can't undercoat a body panel. There are more and more aluminum pieces under the cars these days so that helps.

You can go to a used car lot here and pick out which cars and which haven't. Not everything gets undercoat. Pop the hood and check the engine for salt spray.

The smart people up here don't drive theirs in the winter, it's that simple. When I buy a car like a Mustang that I want to keep nice, I either buy one that's been garaged or buy one from out of state.

if you want the car to slowly rust away, fight rusty fasteners, etc go for it. Experience people are just trying to warn others.

As I said before, there's no point driving these cars in the shitty weather and cold anyway. They're no fun.
But the thing is you can you just gotta take care of it.
Sponsored