• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Amber DRL via forscan?

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nytop.store
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Has anybody tried to play with forscan on the S650 yet?

I am wondering if there is a way to switch the DRL from white to amber on forscan. I know that it is possible on Explorers and Broncos.

Pics for attention. (With hazards on.)
S650 Mustang Amber DRL via forscan? IMG_0907
S650 Mustang Amber DRL via forscan? IMG_0906
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Has anybody tried to play with forscan on the S650 yet?

I am wondering if there is a way to switch the DRL from white to amber on forscan. I know that it is possible on Explorers and Broncos.

Pics for attention. (With hazards on.)
IMG_0907.jpeg
IMG_0906.jpeg
From my reading, DRLs are supposed to be white to increase visibility of your car.

OP
OP
Eric0w

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nytop.store
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
From my reading, DRLs are supposed to be white to increase visibility of your car.
All the Ford Raptor vehicles, and the Mustang GTD have amber DRL. I think they look nice that way. Amber is also more visible than white in foggy or rainy conditions.

Reactions: JAL

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
on January 2nd, Forscan added support for the 2024 Mustang. i just went out and tried tinkering with mine for nearly 2 hours and nothing i did worked. seems like we will have to work from scratch because the DRL on the 24s does not work like every other ford vehicle, probably because of the sequential indicators. i tried the Explorer, F-150, and Bronco methods and nothing. i did find one really weird option that turns off the front left/right marker light and tail light (except when using the brakes or indicator) though

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
i went ahead and looked deeper into this. based on what the wiring diagrams and workshop manual says, making the DRLs amber might mean aftermarket headlights. ill do a bit more experimenting tonight and see what i can do, but the answer does not look good

edit: 3 more hours of nothing. this is probably gonna be a hardware thing and not software

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
i went ahead and looked deeper into this. based on what the wiring diagrams and workshop manual says, making the DRLs amber might mean aftermarket headlights. ill do a bit more experimenting tonight and see what i can do, but the answer does not look good

edit: 3 more hours of nothing. this is probably gonna be a hardware thing and not software
Almost wonder if this is related to that lighted grill issue, unless that has already been resolved to ready

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Almost wonder if this is related to that lighted grill issue, unless that has already been resolved to ready
lighted grille issue?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
lighted grille issue?
I’ve read about some lighting issues from folks that have modified the hardware. Although imo it should be unrelated and as simple as a light color setting.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
OP, is that your car in the pics? If so, it looks great!

Fahad09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
I want to do this too.
I do welcome lighting for the headlights with forscan
Sponsored