• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Almost no love for the Ecoboost

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
I had a 2018 EcoBoost Premium Convertible. I bought it used when it was one year old. I sold it a couple of weeks ago with 99,000 miles on it and never had an issue with the engine or any of the mechanicals. Had to put $1,800 into the electronics - Head End unit died and I think the "technician" at the dealer was a parts swapper, not someone who could actually figure out what part had failed. Took three tries to get the right part replaced. But that was the only expense other than routine maintenance.

I ordered a new EcoBoost Premium Convertible in September. It was built last week. Just waiting for it to get shipped to the dealer. The only option is the 201A Package. 315 HP is plenty for me. I did my racing and track day stuff many years ago when I was a younger man. Now I just want to enjoy the ride. I don't need the noise, even if the noise is a pleasant V8 burble. The Mustang will split daily driver duties with my Ultra Limited. Most of my daily driving these days is from home to the golf course, so not going to be racking up the miles like I used to.

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
Giving the Ecoboost some love. I've had a 2018 base spec for a couple years as a daily. I've got a 2024 Ecoboost Premium Convertible on order with the Performance Package and MagneRide. Looking forward to being able to drop the top, put the suspension on comfort mode, and cruise around backroads enjoying the breeze.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

Nosticks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Eco Boost Convertible
I've had plenty of mussel cars in my life time so having a V-8 meant nothing to me. I'll leave that to the gearheads. I have wanted a Mustang since they were introduced, but life got in the way.

Now at 76 years old, I finally got one. It was an amusing purchase. I stopped the finance manager about two words into his extended warranty pitch. I told him I'd be very lucky to out live the factory warranty. I bought this car as my last car having just recovered from major cancer surgery. I wanted some top down fun, and the EB most definitely will provide that.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I've had plenty of mussel cars in my life time so having a V-8 meant nothing to me. I'll leave that to the gearheads. I have wanted a Mustang since they were introduced, but life got in the way.

Now at 76 years old, I finally got one. It was an amusing purchase. I stopped the finance manager about two words into his extended warranty pitch. I told him I'd be very lucky to out live the factory warranty. I bought this car as my last car having just recovered from major cancer surgery. I wanted some top down fun, and the EB most definitely will provide that.
Interesting and funny story. Funny in that I'm 77 and just got my 2024 GT. I tell everyone that will be my last car, so I wanted it to be fun. I got the whole performance package, but none of the "eye candy". My previous car was a 2018 Subaru WRX.

S650 Mustang Almost no love for the Ecoboost IMG_2087.JPG

S650 Mustang Almost no love for the Ecoboost IMG_2085.JPG

S650 Mustang Almost no love for the Ecoboost IMG_2086.JPG

S650 Mustang Almost no love for the Ecoboost IMG_2088.JPG

JollyPedro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 EcoBooat
I test drove both cars and had cash for either a base GT or a premium EcoBoost. The GT was fast, no doubt about that but the premium interior on the EcBoost is hard to pass up!! And it's quick, fun to drive, and hugs the road like a mom dropping her kid off at college! Love this car!

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Interesting and funny story. Funny in that I'm 77 and just got my 2024 GT. I tell everyone that will be my last car, so I wanted it to be fun. I got the whole performance package, but none of the "eye candy". My previous car was a 2018 Subaru WRX.
I wish my grandpa was this cool ! I bet the neighborhood young kids love your V8 sounds around..
Enjoy the ride!! Must be cool driving the good old muscle cars and buying the latest one with peak of technology.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish my grandpa was this cool ! I bet the neighborhood young kids love your V8 sounds around..
Enjoy the ride!! Must be cool driving the good old muscle cars and buying the latest one with peak of technology.
Not my first Mustang. I ordered one back in 1966! Maroon Coupe, 289, 4-speed. After that, "life happened", as you said.
I live in an HOA, so the active valve exhaust plays an important role. "Quiet" when in the HOA. "Normal" everywhere else. There's not much of a difference between "Normal", "Sport", and "Track". However, I'm still in the break-in period - only 200 miles so far.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Not my first Mustang. I ordered one back in 1966! Maroon Coupe, 289, 4-speed. After that, "life happened", as you said.
I live in an HOA, so the active valve exhaust plays an important role. "Quiet" when in the HOA. "Normal" everywhere else. There's not much of a difference between "Normal", "Sport", and "Track". However, I'm still in the break-in period - only 200 miles so far.
I have been noticing a bit of that Mustang "pop" with sport mode. Haven't noticed it in normal mode yet. I programed sport exhaust into my custom profile along with sport steering. Soon as I'm out of my development, into custom mode I go!

Reactions: DCS

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
I also can’t seem to differentiate in loudness between Normal and track much, i might have lost some hearing sensitivity from loud cars. But I noticed that on Normal Exhaust, it keeps altering the valve while driving depending on throttle.

I don’t like my valves flipping around nonstop, unnecessary wear on a moving part. Which is why i either drive it on Track Exhaust or Quiet once am near home.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I've been enjoying my EcoBoost for the past 4.5 years, with 1.5 years left until it's fully paid off. That said I'd be lying if I said I wasn't itching to own a GT. I won't be in an immediate rush to get one of the new ones though...still waiting to see if they bring back tangible climate control buttons for the '25/'26 models or the refresh afterwards, along with what new (or returning) colors show up.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been noticing a bit of that Mustang "pop" with sport mode. Haven't noticed it in normal mode yet. I programed sport exhaust into my custom profile along with sport steering. Soon as I'm out of my development, into custom mode I go!
I also can’t seem to differentiate in loudness between Normal and track much, i might have lost some hearing sensitivity from loud cars. But I noticed that on Normal Exhaust, it keeps altering the valve while driving depending on throttle.

I don’t like my valves flipping around nonstop, unnecessary wear on a moving part. Which is why i either drive it on Track Exhaust or Quiet once am near home.
Are you saying the electronic valves in the AVE system are "flipping around" when in "Normal" mode? If so, I agree with you. I'll try "Track". I'm assuming the valves are wide open there. Perhaps I might get a few tenths of a gallon mileage improvement!

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Are you saying the electronic valves in the AVE system are "flipping around" when in "Normal" mode? If so, I agree with you. I'll try "Track". I'm assuming the valves are wide open there. Perhaps I might get a few tenths of a gallon mileage improvement!
Yes sir, I noticed that it tends to alter the valve angle depending on throttle, most probably to avoid choking with back pressure.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes sir, I noticed that it tends to alter the valve angle depending on throttle, most probably to avoid choking with back pressure.

Wow! How'd you get the video?
Sponsored