• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Almost no love for the Ecoboost

OP
OP

mpeugeot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang, 2.7 Bronco, F355
I liked that night pony package, right up to the point where I realized that you couldn't get the performance package with it.
Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Recon the eco is cleanest and best looking of the 650. Nice wheel options too

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
It's not like there is no love, at least in my humble opinion.

I can only speak for myself, but one BIG reason I went with the V8 mustang is I've never owned anything fun. When it came time to retire the ol Dracura, the sensible choice was a plug-in hybrid mini-SUV or similar. Something dependable with space to haul groceries and mitigate the ever escalating cost of gas.

I just could not bring myself to choose a testosterone suppressing DD any more.

As opposed to most others, I do understand the climate change science, have examined the data exhaustively, and formed my own informed opinion. I do not believe anthropogenic hydrocarbon emissions have contributed significantly to global warming or climate change, thus have no issues at all with a rock-ribbed red-blooded V8, except of course the added expense of gas, which is a small albeit noticeable drawback.

I wanted something made in 'Murica, RWD, with a fun V8 under the hood. Something I could tinker with and get hair raising acceleration out of. Cause screw it: Carpe Diem. In that context, sadly, the EB was not a player. I do think it is a nice car and well suited for DD. In fact, were I more affluent, I would certainly consider an EB for the commute and keep the Rucio in the garage for fun weekends.

Just my $0.02

Mudflap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey guys, I used to post a lot on mustangforums way back in the day. I picked up a new 2024 Ecoboost yesterday in silver, base trim, no extra options. Previously I had all GTs, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2020 convertible, and a 2021. Mix of manual and autos. I have to say, this new car is pretty impressive, and surprisingly quick. Easily as fast or faster than the 2007-2010 GTs were stock.

I needed a cheap daily driver, and set my budget for no more than 35k. This car or a Miata were the only things I could really see myself driving, and while I LOVE Miatas, they are too small for daily use.

Been reading through the forum, its funny to see people mention the old "probably couldn't afford a GT, too bad" notion. In the past, I've only ever seen that come from clearly immature teens or adults that had spent far more money than they could afford on a GT, turned it into their entire personality, and were looking for a way to justify it. If anyone ever says that to me, they can stop by my house in the private country club on a golf course and say 'hi", lol. :)

Anyway, after having many "fast" cars including Scat Packs, Camaros, Model 3 Performance, modified Evos and WRXs, and all those GTs and many others over the past 30 years, I can say that this Ecoboost is PLENTY on the street to get yourself in trouble. I would never buy that thing for a teenager. While I always enjoyed those other cars, honestly they were functionally useless on the street unless you're interested in going to jail. Fun for sure though.

I ordered some 19" wheels and tires last night, the stock silver 17s must go ASAP! I have an appointment to get those mounted up on Monday, and also for window tint. The only mod I might consider is a Burger JB4 perhaps, not sure if their fitment is good for the 2024s yet. I've used those on BMWs, Mini, and an Infiniti Q50 to great effect in the past.

Anyway, here is a pic:
S650 Mustang Almost no love for the Ecoboost 1699391990927

TrillLarry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ecoboost premium
I saw a tic Tok of an s650 eb and I went and picked on off the lot the next week. I really like the styling, would have never considered purchasing a s550 personally. I ride motorcycles 80% of the year so when I just need a car for the weather or groceries it's perfect and fun.

Here's my 2024 premium
S650 Mustang Almost no love for the Ecoboost IMG_20231110_213409_375
S650 Mustang Almost no love for the Ecoboost IMG_20231110_213408_669

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
I wouldn't say the EcoBoost gets no love, but its never going to get the same love as the V8 models.

The S650 is a big car! It having a 4cyl turbo power train doesn't make much sense when you compare it to the other carswith 4 cyl turbo power trains.

If I wanted a Turbo 4, I would have kept my 22 Civic Si. Its smaller, lighter, stiffer, better MPG and handles extremely well in stock form.
well thats a bit blanket that comment. what kind of 4 cylinder? naturally asperated? turbo? hybrid? 1.2l? 1.4l? 1.6l? 1.8l? 2.0? ah yeah 2.3l.
Its not a good comment really, because the car has 310hp and 360 odd lb/ft,and then the reduced weight. you have to look if that is class competitive and it is more than competitive especially if you spec with brembos.
The 4 cylinder makes sense because it produces more power and torque than pre-2008 GT, by some margin. the 0-60 times in mid4s now stock.

it isn't a competitor for the GT. Its a competitor to the M230i, GR86, GTi etc.
I have driven both around a track. And daily i prefer owning the GT because of the drama and noise. But on bendy tracks or a windy mountain road the ecoboost pants' the GT not just because its lighter, but also weight distribution moves more neutral. It looks the same but its totally different tool

MMM981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
With the changes made to the motor and chassis this year, the 6spd manual would be a natural in this car, but Ford doesn't see it that way.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
I still think the Ecoboost is awesome when you consider the whole car and what it does. I am OK with the 10 speed auto. My last Mustang was a GT, and this one feels so much better balanced with the lighter front end.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Nothing wrong with the Ecoboost at all, and they make a ton of sense. I do wish they still offered a manual. But for me I waited until my 50s to get a Mustang ... a car I've wanted all my life but for one reason or another was never able to get. After waiting this long, there was no way in the world I was getting anything other that a 5.0!

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
One reason NO LOVE, Who buys an American Tradition Muscle Car with a 4 cylinder Automatic?
Many people. I'd long wondered with all the muscle car brands why they have the same car with smaller engines when the big engine is the attraction. But if you drive those cars, they're still quite fun, look just as good, better gas mileage, lower insurance, and less expensive. I chose to wait until I could afford the bigger engine, but I totally get it for those who don't.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I posted it because no one should feel like their ability to afford or not afford a GT is a measure of their value/worth. Anyone who makes such an assumption might be wrong.
I couldn't agree more. We all have our likes and dislikes. To assume (you know the old saying) something about someone because of the kind of car they drive seems rather superficial to me. The kind of car you drive doesn't make you any better or less or than someone else. I've found over the years that if I judge someone by the size of their house, what kind of car they drive or what they do for a living, I'm going to miss out on some very interesting and nice people.