• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Almost no love for the Ecoboost

mpeugeot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang, 2.7 Bronco, F355
Looking at the Forum (and I am not shocked) but there seems to be very little for us with the Ecoboost Mustang.

With the performance package, it's rather shockingly good. It's never going to run down the GT in a straight line, but it's an absolute hoot to drive and really handles far better than I expected.

I must concede, a 4 cylinder with a line lock is really an odd combination... But it's still fun.

Anyone know if Ford plans on releasing the Ford Performance Tune for the 2.3?
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
There are several Ecoboost on the site and there are advantages. The smaller engine means a better weight balance and less weight means the horse power goes a bit farther. For a daily driver the fuel economy really pays off at todays prices.
One deal killers for me is the lack of a manual transmission. I also was spooked because of Fords first attempt to introduce a turbo 4 banger about 83 or 84. Ford only went half way in the design and the engine was done for after about 30,000 miles. They seem to have corrected the mistake because the engine is being used in multiple vehicles without issue. Most important is the car would make an excellent car for a new teen drive. The lower cost and a car that they would be less likely to drag race makes it a good first car.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
We had a 21 EB A10, before the Bronco. Was a very fun car. Couple of well chosen mods and they can be made to be pretty quick.

As for being a good "teen" vehicle, I have to disagree. They make more then enough power to get a kid in trouble. LOL.

OP
OP

mpeugeot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We had a 21 EB A10, before the Bronco. Was a very fun car. Couple of well chosen mods and they can be made to be pretty quick.

As for being a good "teen" vehicle, I have to disagree. They make more then enough power to get a kid in trouble. LOL.
Absolutely, the 2.3 Ecoboost Mustang is definitely faster than my 2.7 Bronco, which is no slouch at 6.5s 0-60 and 14.5 in the 1/4 mile. The 2.3 Ecoboost Mustang is definitely faster... Plus imagine a teenager with a 2.3 Ecoboost and a drift brake... LOL. What could go wrong?

It does get better than 30 mpg highway at 65 mph (closer to 35 mpg).

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
My first car was a Falcon at all of 100 horse power. I knew what my insurance cost so I knew bad driving would have me back on the bus. Still 100 horse power could get you into trouble, it just takes a little longer to get there.

Rushstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I love the EcoBoost, but I don't want to be that guy when people say I couldn't pony up the extra dough for the 5.0.

OP
OP

mpeugeot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love the EcoBoost, but I don't want to be that guy when people say I couldn't pony up the extra dough for the 5.0.
The GT was just too much engine for the girlfriend and she's the primary person driving it.

S650 Mustang Almost no love for the Ecoboost IMG_20231031_185316

I really don't care if anyone says that I couldn't afford the 5.0, because I was able to afford the 3.5... LOL.

S650 Mustang Almost no love for the Ecoboost Ferrari in Guam 2 (1)

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
The GT was just too much engine for the girlfriend and she's the primary person driving it.

IMG_20231031_185316.jpg

I really don't care if anyone says that I couldn't afford the 5.0, because I was able to afford the 3.5... LOL.

Ferrari in Guam 2 (1).jpg
Now, while no one knows what debt or income or inheritance or anything else a person carries (making it impossible to know a person's financial stability without the rest of the picture, and I'm not sure why anyone feels compelled to share that on the internet), I have to say the second picture was unnecessary anyway, given the first picture with the garage open. 😉😂. That's a beautiful car!

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally agree. 😂 Man, these cars can get anyone into trouble, EB or otherwise. And they sort of beg for it, which is only all the harder for a teen. But they are so stinking fun.

Maverick128

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboost In Atlas Blue with Nite Pony
40-something man that can't wait to order and get his Ecoboost. I don't need the 5.0 and I'd rather get the Premium Ecoboost with everything I want than have to spend a little more for a base 5.0, considering this will be my daily driver. I loved my 2013 V6 and it was more than enough for me so I think this'll scratch that same itch.

Maria Sarli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara Convertible, Subaru Outback, Ford Ex
Anxiously waiting for my Ecoboost Premium Convertible (Vapor Blue, build date 11/27). There are plenty of us Eco buyers lurking out here I bet but it is certainly true that those who cherish the muscle car aspect of the mustang predominate here. I just want an affordable fun convertible that can go fast enough. I don’t need to race anyone and I want better gas mileage. But I am enjoying all of the posts (or at least most of them) - there is something for all of us here I think.
Looking at the Forum (and I am not shocked) but there seems to be very little for us with the Ecoboost Mustang.

With the performance package, it's rather shockingly good. It's never going to run down the GT in a straight line, but it's an absolute hoot to drive and really handles far better than I expected.

I must concede, a 4 cylinder with a line lock is really an odd combination... But it's still fun.

Anyone know if Ford plans on releasing the Ford Performance Tune for the 2.3?

OP
OP

mpeugeot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now, while no one knows what debt or income or inheritance or anything else a person carries (making it impossible to know a person's financial stability without the rest of the picture, and I'm not sure why anyone feels compelled to share that on the internet), I have to say the second picture was unnecessary anyway, given the first picture with the garage open. 😉😂. That's a beautiful car!
I am just your average bargain hunting guy. I really love the Ferrari, but only can afford it by doing all the work myself. Monetarily, not rich, not poor - just average.

I posted it because no one should feel like their ability to afford or not afford a GT is a measure of their value/worth. Anyone who makes such an assumption might be wrong.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am just your average bargain hunting guy. I really love the Ferrari, but only can afford it by doing all the work myself. Monetarily, not rich, not poor - just average.

I posted it because no one should feel like their ability to afford or not afford a GT is a measure of their value/worth. Anyone who makes such an assumption might be wrong.
100% !! 😊

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I don't think it's lack of love or interest. Many of these web sites will skew towards the V8/track/dragstrip end of the spectrum.

From my experience in driving and C&C events, the type of Mustang doesn't matter. Everyone gets a wave or a handshake. Anyone attempting to study badges and determine a pecking order is voted off the island.

My personal interests are geared more towards colors, wheels, maybe some well-integrated personal touches and how well the car presents. Show up in a GT500 you haven't washed since last month, I'll walk right past. Show up in an Eco you've detailed clean enough to eat off off, I'll study, want to talk about and fill my camera's memory with photos.

It's the passion, interests and stories that excite people and makes for the best conversation, not what's under the hood.
Sponsored

Last edited: