• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Aftermarket OEM Active Exhaust

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
you are looking too far forwards. the wiring and actuators are at the very back. the harness that splits to power the actuators runs through the trunk. lift up the spare cover and look at the far back part. on the left is a wire that runs through a rubber grommet. that wire re appears underneath right next to a plastic box that has some evap stuff in it. the actuators themselves would be on the inner exhaust tips, after the muffler. do note i am taking about the S650
Oh Yes pictures were taken quick while I was changing tires. The red circle is exactly where I need to look at, right?
S650 Mustang Aftermarket OEM Active Exhaust 1713211397441-kt

I am going to change engine oil and the filter after work today. I will take some pics and post them.

From your knowledge, do you know how to connect the actuator harness with the Non-AE harness?
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Oh Yes pictures were taken quick while I was changing tires. The red circle is exactly where I need to look at, right?
1713211397441-kt.png

I am going to change engine oil and the filter after work today. I will take some pics and post them.

From your knowledge, do you know how to connect the actuator harness with the Non-AE harness?
yes, in that area. as for the connector, i am 99% sure that the same wires exist on act8ve and non active vehicles, and 100% sure that it is the same connector. i honestly wish i had a non active one to test on, because i hate leaving these kinds of things to speculation only

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
yes, in that area. as for the connector, i am 99% sure that the same wires exist on act8ve and non active vehicles, and 100% sure that it is the same connector. i honestly wish i had a non active one to test on, because i hate leaving these kinds of things to speculation only
Thanks for clarifying. You got my non active car. I will keep you posted how it goes. I also plan to reprogram via Forscan to activate the AE on the system.

Got some questions
I found parts number of harnesses and a actuator used for S550 and I heard they also can be installed on S650 follow:
1*JR3Z-14A411-J wiring harness (Y harness)
2*JR3Z-14A411-H wiring harnesses (from Y to actuator)
2* JR3Z-6554-A Exhaust Valve Actuator

Are they different from parts#
- PR3Z-14A411-C
- PR3Z-14A411-A
you mentioned?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for clarifying. You got my non active car. I will keep you posted how it goes. I also plan to reprogram via Forscan to activate the AE on the system.

Got some questions
I found parts number of harnesses and a actuator used for S550 and I heard they also can be installed on S650 follow:
1*JR3Z-14A411-J wiring harness (Y harness)
2*JR3Z-14A411-H wiring harnesses (from Y to actuator)
2* JR3Z-6554-A Exhaust Valve Actuator

Are they different from parts#
- PR3Z-14A411-C
- PR3Z-14A411-A
you mentioned?
i say dont risk it. better to get something that is known to work than guessing something that might not

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
i say dont risk it. better to get something that is known to work than guessing something that might not
You are right. No need to take risk. It seems PR3Z-14A411-A is a harness that connects to a actuator.

What is PR3Z-14A411-C ? I wasn't able to find a pic of the part on google.
Can you please tell me part# of an exhaust actuator for S650?

I will order all parts I need to retrofit an active exhaust soon once I get confirmation.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
PR3Z-14A411-C is the wiring harness that connects to the actuator wires and the evap system. S650 actuator part number is PR3Z-5K245-B

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
PR3Z-14A411-C is the wiring harness that connects to the actuator wires and the evap system. S650 actuator part number is PR3Z-5K245-B
I really appreciate it. I was only looking at Canadian Ford parts site and found PR3Z-5K245-B on US site. It seems like all I need is
2 actuators;PR3Z-5K245-B
2 actuator wires;PR3Z-14A411-A
1 wiring harness;PR3Z-14A411-C
and
Full active exhaust system

Do you believe I can make it work if I just connect the wires? of course through Forscan. I am just wondering if you had a chance to get a wiring diagram for s650 active exhaust.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
I really appreciate it. I was only looking at Canadian Ford parts site and found PR3Z-5K245-B on US site. It seems like all I need is
2 actuators;PR3Z-5K245-B
2 actuator wires;PR3Z-14A411-A
1 wiring harness;PR3Z-14A411-C
and
Full active exhaust system

Do you believe I can make it work if I just connect the wires? of course through Forscan. I am just wondering if you had a chance to get a wiring diagram for s650 active exhaust.
i will have to look when i get home to know for sure, but i think it will just be plug in and go, minus the forscan stuff

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
i will have to look when i get home to know for sure, but i think it will just be plug in and go, minus the forscan stuff
Yeah take your time. I really appreciate your assistance. I will also update you if I got anything new.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Yeah take your time. I really appreciate your assistance. I will also update you if I got anything new.
i found the wiring and it looks like the wires for active exhaust always exist at that connector, just are not used and not called by anything by programming. this is also backed up by the pictures i sent earlier, which seemed to always have the same wires regardless of whether or not it had active exhaust

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
i found the wiring and it looks like the wires for active exhaust always exist at that connector, just are not used and not called by anything by programming. this is also backed up by the pictures i sent earlier, which seemed to always have the same wires regardless of whether or not it had active exhaust
I also found exactly the same one you posted. My friend who’s a mechanic, he told me that the harness seems the one I was looking for. What I will do from now is to get parts needed without a full exhaust system and reprogram first through forscan. I’m just curious if I only need one for each harnesses and two actuators

S650 Mustang Aftermarket OEM Active Exhaust IMG_1526

S650 Mustang Aftermarket OEM Active Exhaust IMG_1525

S650 Mustang Aftermarket OEM Active Exhaust IMG_1524

junqdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Mustang GT 5.0 10 speed
Man !! This exhaust project looks to me like a real "CLUSTER $*&@" You might see if anybody from N.A.S.A. is looking for a "side job" .....Just curious if anyone has done this and if so , DID it help your E.T. and MPH at the Track or not . You are correct 5grand is insane . Think you could spend that kinda $$$$$$ and get more "GO" on something else . But I admire your courage if you DIY.
Good Luck my friend ...junqdawg

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
Man !! This exhaust project looks to me like a real "CLUSTER $*&@" You might see if anybody from N.A.S.A. is looking for a "side job" .....Just curious if anyone has done this and if so , DID it help your E.T. and MPH at the Track or not . You are correct 5grand is insane . Think you could spend that kinda $$$$$$ and get more "GO" on something else . But I admire your courage if you DIY.
Good Luck my friend ...junqdawg
Yeah Ford performance Exhausts are pricey but you got some other cheaper options follow:
MBRP AE S72553CF

Flowmaster 818159/818164

MRT 91U921

Roush 2024

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
I also found exactly the same one you posted. My friend who’s a mechanic, he told me that the harness seems the one I was looking for. What I will do from now is to get parts needed without a full exhaust system and reprogram first through forscan. I’m just curious if I only need one for each harnesses and two actuators

IMG_1526.jpeg

IMG_1525.jpeg

IMG_1524.jpeg
you will need 1X PR3Z-14A411-C and 2X PR3Z-14A411-A. i should note that if you plan to do the Dark Horse exhaust, it has different wires that connect to the actuators due to the longer distance. those ones are PR3Z-14A411-S and replace the ones ending in "A".

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Yeah Ford performance Exhausts are pricey but you got some other cheaper options follow:
MBRP AE S72553CF

Flowmaster 818159/818164

MRT 91U921

Roush 2024
remember the mounting hardware, you cant get all of it separate of the factory cat-back
S650 Mustang Aftermarket OEM Active Exhaust 1713236645874-53

you can only get the spring (5F264 in the picture), actuator itself (6K789 in the picture), and nuts to mount everything (HN3 in the picture). the mounting plate and bracket that the wire harness clip to cannot be gotten alone
Sponsored