• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Added the HP rear wheel well splash guards.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I'm doing the ZL1 Rock Guards. Fronts were easy took all of 5 min. The rears, little more involved, gotta jack up the car and take wheels off to get to work area. Will do the rears tomorrow....
Sponsored

OP
OP
bee bop

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 GT Vert, 21 Bronco Badlands, 24 Dark Horse
I have the Zl1 Rock guard on order as well no shipping date yet. I installed these to help protect the bumper sides until My rock guards come in.

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
I have the Zl1 Rock guard on order as well no shipping date yet. I installed these to help protect the bumper sides until My rock guards come in.
Will the Front Rock Guards cover up those gapping holes in the fender liner behind the front tires? Heard that a lot of sand, gravel, rocks, etc., get kicked up into there.

OP
OP
bee bop

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 GT Vert, 21 Bronco Badlands, 24 Dark Horse
@MJS54 no they do not cover the hole.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I'm doing the ZL1 Rock Guards. Fronts were easy took all of 5 min. The rears, little more involved, gotta jack up the car and take wheels off to get to work area. Will do the rears tomorrow....
Please post some pics when you get them all installed if you would? I'm debating whether I want to add rock guards to my GT or not.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
ZL1addons are way better. Probably cheaper to knowing these come from ford

Race Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse - non HP
I have a brand new set of ZL1 rock guards, front and rear, never installed, that I'm not going to use, if someone wants them. right after they arrived, I was able to get the OEM front wheel wheel flip moldings and rear splash guards from Ford, they had previously been back ordered , and ZL1 would not take them back for some reason

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I have a brand new set of ZL1 rock guards, front and rear, never installed, that I'm not going to use, if someone wants them. right after they arrived, I was able to get the OEM front wheel wheel flip moldings and rear splash guards from Ford, they had previously been back ordered , and ZL1 would not take them back for some reason
Sent you a PM

Tuxonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse
Like @Sofa King said the front lip extension only go on the edge of the fender. They are there basically to cover the poke of the HP Front tires. They do not extend into the wheel well any further than the wheel well lip. Right how Ford is out of their ever lovin mind on the price for the extensions, the Drivers side is about $400 and the Passengers side is (are you sitting down, really just have a seat) $1,100. This time next year you should be able to pick up a set for about $400, judging by what LRM has the Mach 1 extensions listed for.
Bro $1500 for the damn front fender guards!? Please tell me your lying

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please post some pics when you get them all installed if you would? I'm debating whether I want to add rock guards to my GT or not.
As requested. Outside of having to take wheels off, the rears were quite simple. Took my time, double checked the video on the first run, second was much quicker.

LF.jpg

LR.jpg

RF.jpg

RR.jpg

RR1.jpg

RR2.jpg

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
As requested. Outside of having to take wheels off, the rears were quite simple. Took my time, double checked the video on the first run, second was much quicker.

LF.jpg

LR.jpg

RF.jpg

RR.jpg

RR1.jpg

RR2.jpg
Thanks for the pics. Honestly they look pretty decent installed IMHO. Do you know if you go the regular one's or the deluxe one's which are more expensive on their website? Also do you feel they are pretty high quality and will actually provide a decent amount of protection?

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the pics. Honestly they look pretty decent installed IMHO. Do you know if you go the regular one's or the deluxe one's which are more expensive on their website? Also do you feel they are pretty high quality and will actually provide a decent amount of protection?
I went with the Standard set, good quality, has good durability to them, I have no fears they'll work as expected. I see no value in going with Deluxe version.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Will the Front Rock Guards cover up those gapping holes in the fender liner behind the front tires? Heard that a lot of sand, gravel, rocks, etc., get kicked up into there.
they don’t and it would look really weird if they did seeing as how that gap sits like 2” further back and 1” lower than the guard. But i paid less than $13 for the kydex and got the plastic rivet gun/rivets for like $10 at harbor freight. If you don’t have a heat gun you can get one for less than $20 there too. But took my time and bam.

IMG_8366.png

IMG_8285.jpeg

IMG_8279.jpeg
Sponsored