• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Active Exhuast aftermarket options ?

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Shadow Black GT PP
anyone else tried the Flowmaster Outlaw axle back with valves combined with an H or X pipe ? I was thinking of going this route because it's significantly cheaper than buying a 3k complete catback but I've never had Flowmasters on a mustang before (I know they drone alot). I wanted to go with AWE track but it doesn't have valves and the SwitchPath is over 3k which is absolute insanity.
Sponsored

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
I liked the Flowmaster Outlaw (Active) with the H-Pipe, just too loud for cold starts. It has a very deep sound at idle/mid and gets quite loud reving. I live in a neighborhood and trying to keep the peace, lol. The active valving does reduce drone and cruising noise in quiet mode but it really doesn't quiet down the cold start. I have been trying to sell a Flowmaster Outlaw catback and a Steeda H-Pipe for quite a while...I just will not ship as it has to be local pickup/meet.

Last edited:
OP
OP

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Shadow Black GT PP
I liked the Flowmaster Outlaw (Active) with the H-Pipe, just too loud for cold starts. I live in a neighborhood and trying to keep the peace, lol. The active valving does reduce drown and cruising noise in quiet mode but it really doesn't quiet down the cold start. I have been trying to sell a Flowmaster Outlaw catback and a Steeda H-Pipe for quite a while...I just will not ship as it has to be local pickup/meet.

does the axble back retain all the functionality of the stock active system ? by that I mean it uses the touch screen to change the volume and not a didicated in cabin dongle ?

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
does the axble back retain all the functionality of the stock active system ? by that I mean it uses the touch screen to change the volume and not a didicated in cabin dongle ?
Yes and you transplant the stock actuators to the Flowmaster units

OP
OP

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Shadow Black GT PP
Yes and you transplant the stock actuators to the Flowmaster units
sweet nice to know so the cold start is that brutal huh ? I had Stainless Power long tubes with a Corsa double X pipe and Roush Axle Backs on my last S550. I simply cannot deal with that level of volume again. Cold starts would rattle my house on cold mornings lol never again

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it’s brutal, which I personally don’t mind. Its hard to tell in that video of how loud and deep it is. I would cringe on the early morning startups….lol, my Wife would text me saying “That is sooo loud” from inside our house at the opposite end of the house. I have the Corsa Xtremes now with their double x on the car and cold start is much more manageable.

Last edited:

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I sent mine back because of poor build quality. Passenger side valve was not built correctly and kept getting stuck when they were trying to pair up the first time you start the car. I went with the black powder coat, and it was chipped on the tips out of the box. Ebay guaranteed money back saved me big!

The first time I started it after it was installed, not knowing the valve was messed up. I immediately thought I had made a huge mistake, lol. Loud AF!

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
It's going to be very loud and drone. Do it right the first time! We'll work you a deal on an AWE system, we have them in stock and on sale. Also have Corsa, Stainless Works, MBRP etc if you don't want valved.

-Josh

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
The first time I started it after it was installed, not knowing the valve was messed up. I immediately thought I had made a huge mistake, lol. Loud AF!
Your first mistake was buying it off eBay. :shock:

gruvyhudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Has anyone just purchased black exhaust tips for their active exhaust? Mine are chrome but with the dark package I think black tips would look better....any ideas?

OP
OP

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Shadow Black GT PP
Yeah, it’s brutal, which I personally don’t mind. Its hard to tell in that video of how loud and deep it is. I would cringe on the early morning startups….lol, my Wife would text me saying “That is sooo loud” from inside our house at the opposite end of the house. I have the Corsa Xtremes now with their double x on the car and cold start is much more manageable.
I had Corsa Extremes on my 2018 GT. while I loved the way they sounded above 3k rpm, they weren't quite loud enough for me at low rpm. I know that's their thing and it's a selling point for most people that they can manage the volume with your foot but for me I wanted to hear my exhaust a bit more while cruising so i don't get speeding tickets trying to hear my exhaust lol

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I had Corsa Extremes on my 2018 GT. while I loved the way they sounded above 3k rpm, they weren't quite loud enough for me at low rpm. I know that's their thing and it's a selling point for most people that they can manage the volume with your foot but for me I wanted to hear my exhaust a bit more while cruising so i don't get speeding tickets trying to hear my exhaust lol
Yeah, the Corsas are mild when not in the throttle. The Flowmasters, on the other hand, are not, lol
Sponsored