• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

4500 rpm limiter

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Hitting the rev limiter at high speed! You should be changing gear before you hit the rev limiter anyway not bashing into it.
I found the difference with launch control.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Hitting the rev limiter at high speed! You should be changing gear before you hit the rev limiter anyway not bashing into it.
Agreed. Itā€™s pointless. Max HP & torque is made below redline so why subject your engine to that abuse. A few hundred RPM means nothing so why do It?

Chavez916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
the only limiters there should be are
  • 5000rpm in park/neutral on auto
  • 7250rpm on manual
  • 7500rpm in drive/manual on auto
Hi iā€™m new to forums, is there a way to turn these limiters off? Iā€™d like to take off the 5k rpm limiter in park/neutral, so I can hear her growl!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Hi iā€™m new to forums, is there a way to turn these limiters off? Iā€™d like to take off the 5k rpm limiter in park/neutral, so I can hear her growl!
nope, that 5k rpm limiter IIRC is to protect the torque converter

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Are we sure the 5k limiter for auto's is in neutral also? I know it does it in park but I could shift into neutral and rev it to the moon from what I remember of my S550 A10 GT. It also took forever for the RPM's to drop down and get it back to drive without a big lurch forward though.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Are we sure the 5k limiter for auto's is in neutral also? I know it does it in park but I could shift into neutral and rev it to the moon from what I remember of my S550 A10 GT. It also took forever for the RPM's to drop down and get it back to drive without a big lurch forward though.
That is done for emissions reasons
Sponsored