• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

24 Mustang wouldn’t start. Loads of error messages

Ishyne22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP - 2016 F150 5.0 ST - 2004 Ram SRT10 - 2003 Brickyard Nissan 350z TP
Dealer reprogrammed ABS module and car started without issue and powertrain malfunction error message is now gone on Ford Pass
Time to get FORScan
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He could have just cleared the ABS DTCs and reprogrammed with as built data. unless there was an update. Im curious as to the root cause of the issue. *update… just did some reading and this problem seems to be pretty common in the new mustangs. Must be a bug, hence the OTA update to reprogram.
Would hate to hear common code run amoke. Don’t have regen braking but for some reason … doh wrong include quick .. would hate to hear it’s that easy (the preceeding is a purely fictitious example).

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
This happened to me last night at the grocery store. I have about 1400 miles on the car, never had issues before. I had already sent the request for roadside assist via Ford Pass, then the car made a bunch of click sounds and I tried again and it fired right up, everything normal. Cancelled the request for assist.
Just got the OTA update with the 60th Anniversary gauge cluster yesterday. Related? If they were pushing a fix I would have thought it would be in that update.
Has anyone had this happen twice? Do I need to get it to the dealer for reprogramming?

Last edited:

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
It's not a battery issue like some have said. The other systems worked fine (windows, sound system, etc.) And, once it re-set itself after about 30 minutes, it fired right up and no codes. Charging at 13.5+.
This is something else. The TSB 52142/52286 says the ABS module needs to be reprogrammed. Another post said they replaced the Gateway Module.
If it happens again, I'm taking it to the dealership to find and fix the problem.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not a battery issue like some have said. The other systems worked fine (windows, sound system, etc.) And, once it re-set itself after about 30 minutes, it fired right up and no codes. Charging at 13.5+.
This is something else. The TSB 52142/52286 says the ABS module needs to be reprogrammed. Another post said they replaced the Gateway Module.
If it happens again, I'm taking it to the dealership to find and fix the problem.
What could be timing out after 15-20-30 mins.? If its clearing/rebooting/stopping the failed start is it resetting from a fail safe routine or does it go back to sleep and the next wake up/start clears the surge? Haven’t heard if disconnecting the battery during the event resolves either though.

Ishyne22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP - 2016 F150 5.0 ST - 2004 Ram SRT10 - 2003 Brickyard Nissan 350z TP
No Forscan for S650 yet. 👎
Would hate to hear common code run amoke. Don’t have regen braking but for some reason … doh wrong include quick .. would hate to hear it’s that easy (the preceeding is a purely fictitious example).

OP
OP
bweber

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, 17 V6 Convertible, 20 EB, 01 V6
This happened to me last night at the grocery store. I have about 1400 miles on the car, never had issues before. I had already sent the request for roadside assist via Ford Pass, then the car made a bunch of click sounds and I tried again and it fired right up, everything normal. Cancelled the request for assist.
Just got the OTA update with the 60th Anniversary gauge cluster yesterday. Related? If they were pushing a fix I would have thought it would be in that update.
Has anyone had this happen twice? Do I need to get it to the dealer for reprogramming?
So far it only happened to me once. I have around 4K miles on the car

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
That update is for the APIM. The ABS OTA is 24-PU0201-NCNS-FX.

See what they did there?

No Start/No Crank Fix.
Sponsored