• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Nite Package delayed?

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
What model year was a Nite Pony/black out package introduced?
Sponsored

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
They donā€™t replace the roof panel. Itā€™s part of the unibody and not removable unless you want to start cutting steel. They paint the car the base color, then paint the roof black.
So basically Ford being lazy and ran out of black paint? Lol now if they do that then they yave no excuse then honestly šŸ¤£

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
When the thread started, I found the following articles.

I suppose the most recent problems, in CY 2022, might be carrying over into 2023.

Many manufacturers enter into long-term contracts to secure materials. If someone makes a specific hue or has a specific element which is now in short supply, they might have already committed virtually all their product to a handful of contractees.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/08/why-the-us-is-facing-a-paint-shortage.html

https://www.amast.com/the-paint-shortage-of-2022/

A throwback to 2011. When specific elements were in short supply, some colors were not available.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/pig...ssues-could-leave-ford-red-black-paint-62563/

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
When the thread started, I found the following articles.

I suppose the most recent problems, in CY 2022, might be carrying over into 2023.

Many manufacturers enter into long-term contracts to secure materials. If someone makes a specific hue or has a specific element which is now in short supply, they might have already committed virtually all their product to a handful of contractees.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/08/why-the-us-is-facing-a-paint-shortage.html

https://www.amast.com/the-paint-shortage-of-2022/

A throwback to 2011. When specific elements were in short supply, some colors were not available.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/pig...ssues-could-leave-ford-red-black-paint-62563/
Thanks for the informative articles.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
If itā€™s like the bronco plant we have a MOD center where vehicles post build go for ā€œcustom modsā€ so they may get assembled with the black badges etcā€¦ and then would have the roof painted black over in MOD.

Podsadka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
If itā€™s like the bronco plant we have a MOD center where vehicles post build go for ā€œcustom modsā€ so they may get assembled with the black badges etcā€¦ and then would have the roof painted black over in MOD.
I bet Black Roof cars have their roofs painted in the paint shopā€¦ why build a second paint area when you could just paint them in the paint shop?

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Before painting the roof, I would imagine the complete car has to be masked off by humans very carefully.

How?
A skirt that is taped along the roof line edge and falls down to the floor?
And then what?
Two robot painters (perhaps just one) spray the roof.
It then rolls along the conveyor belt under overhead heat lamps to accelerate the paint drying, but still has to sit there for some time before the masking is removed.

Is that the process?
I can see why it adds $$$ to the price, and perhaps why they would want to run these through in a large economical batch.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I bet Black Roof cars have their roofs painted in the paint shopā€¦ why build a second paint area when you could just paint them in the paint shop?
I actually work in paint, we donā€™t do black roofs but the system wouldnā€™t likely work at production speedā€¦ these things are being painted in under a minute 67/hour. Iā€™m sure they get shot in the base color and roof would be offline.

Podsadka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
I actually work in paint, we donā€™t do black roofs but the system wouldnā€™t likely work at production speedā€¦ these things are being painted in under a minute 67/hour. Iā€™m sure they get shot in the base color and roof would be offline.
You could have a spur line or something for special paints like black roof. Run ā€˜em through the main process then pull them off into a separate booth for the roof. That way you can use the plumbing and abatement from the paint shop rather than have to build another abatement system in your ā€œmodā€ area.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
What about the clear coat? The black needs to be dry.

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
I removed Nite Pony from my build this morning.

I wanted the wheels and lights, was settling for the roof and spoiler. I was indifferent on the badges and mirror caps.

In the end, my desire to retain the Vapor blue roof and the questionable time frame on the package cars being scheduled I am good with the GT Premium.

By the time I run out the stock rubber the pioneers will have plenty of wheel options identified for me to go to if I so desire.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
mine went into Production today with Nite Pony Package
Sponsored