• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang GT

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
So it seems it was never corrected on these new mustangs either …damn shame
correct what? It’s a sound that affects nothing. It’s a characteristic of most of these engines and it doesn’t affect performance at all.

Desmodeous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, 2006 F150
So it seems it was never corrected on these new mustangs either …damn shame
Lol. Ford said the ticking noise doesn't exist, and if it did exist it wouldn't be harmful, but if it was harmful, it wouldn't be a big deal. But if it was a big deal, it would be your fault. Shame on you.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
It might be harmless but several questions arise:

1. At least on the previous Gen, why does it seem to happen after the 1st oil change?

2. Why do some cars tick and others don't ?

(I think this is due to hearing ability being different amongst us humans)

3. Why do additives like Ceretec seem to help for many, not all, but many people?

Just curious. Also has anyone put chassis ears on a ticker to determine where it originates? I'm sure someone must have.

On the plus side, Ford is probably correct that it doesn't affect the life of the engine because I'm sure they have done their research and would never release the latest Gen with a serious problem.

Overall, my take is drive it like you stole it (after the break in period) and crank up the audio. Has anyone heard of engines exploding at higher mileage due to the tick?

For the record VW/Audi engines make all kinds of noises even when brand new.

Just picking the brains of the experts as I am certainly not one!

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
There are much bigger threads and with a wealth of information on the Mustang6g forum. I’d suggest going there and reading those threads. Will make it easier for you IMO. Mine didn’t come after the first oil change on my 16 GT PP and i only noticed it when i was driving at low speeds next to a barrier or in the drive through. I had a tune and logged my car frequently and did Oil analysis and never saw or heard any other issues but that noise. Never tried createc as it didn’t bother me enough too.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
There are much bigger threads and with a wealth of information on the Mustang6g forum. I’d suggest going there and reading those threads. Will make it easier for you IMO. Mine didn’t come after the first oil change on my 16 GT PP and i only noticed it when i was driving at low speeds next to a barrier or in the drive through. I had a tune and logged my car frequently and did Oil analysis and never saw or heard any other issues but that noise. Never tried createc as it didn’t bother me enough too.
Good advice!
Thank you!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Try slapping a set of long tubes on her and see if she changes her tune.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Is this a concern 🙁 barely over 1k miles and already has developed the tick ..haven’t even done the first oil change yet

Hi there! If you are still experiencing this concern, please send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info.

G-Ray 0341

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I have a Dark Horse, just hit 900 miles and completed my first oil change. What do you know the tick also started and I am have a strange noise come from passenger side head. Haven’t even taken the car past 5k RPM’s. Just breaking it in accordance to the manual. Will be taking it to the dealership Monday. No check engine light or performance issues for now.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
… and I am have a strange noise come from passenger head.
I’ve experienced the same although I’m attributing it to the passenger.

good luck. Hopefully nothing serious.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
That’s how direct injectors sound at idle.
Unbelievable people freak hearing a tick, it’s a 12:1 500hp engine… they’re ridiculous smooth and quiet for the amount of power

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
That’s how direct injectors sound at idle.
Unbelievable people freak hearing a tick, it’s a 12:1 500hp engine… they’re ridiculous smooth and quiet for the amount of power
That was my first thought is the high pressure fuel pump but it should be rythmic and not random. Our solstice was really loud compared to this. Here’s what our old car hp fuel pump sounded like.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I haven't listened to the audio up to now because I wasn't sure my limited hearing would be able to pick up the sound. What I think I am hearing sounds a bit like the static that you hear when you tune between stations on the AM radio band. If that's the case, it's valves and it's nothing to worry about. The cam shaft turns at half the engine speed or about 350 revolutions a minute. That would be 5 times a second. With 32 valves and not all of them making noise, it can sound a little irregular. A high lift cam is designed for air flow and not quiet operation. A valve that is a little loose will not burn or affect normal engine operation but it will make noise.
I would kind of like to spend a little quality time with an engine doing that. I have an oscilloscope and can probably find a microphone in my stuff that would work with it. If I could get a clean capture of the noise and prove it, people probably wouldn't be so upset over it.
I will have to see if I can find a plug for the jack on my computer and see if the sound sample is clean enough to get a clean trace.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I haven't listened to the audio up to now because I wasn't sure my limited hearing would be able to pick up the sound. What I think I am hearing sounds a bit like the static that you hear when you tune between stations on the AM radio band. If that's the case, it's valves and it's nothing to worry about. The cam shaft turns at half the engine speed or about 350 revolutions a minute. That would be 5 times a second. With 32 valves and not all of them making noise, it can sound a little irregular. A high lift cam is designed for air flow and not quiet operation. A valve that is a little loose will not burn or affect normal engine operation but it will make noise.
I would kind of like to spend a little quality time with an engine doing that. I have an oscilloscope and can probably find a microphone in my stuff that would work with it. If I could get a clean capture of the noise and prove it, people probably wouldn't be so upset over it.
I will have to see if I can find a plug for the jack on my computer and see if the sound sample is clean enough to get a clean trace.
That does seem to be very logical. I wonder if anyone with the tick has had to change valves or make adjustments to the top end and the sound disappeared?
Sponsored