• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Based on production schedules you will not see test drives for another few months.
That's that NDA for you I guess.

That said, Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re expecting but Iā€™m sure itā€™s going to drive pretty much like an improved Mach 1. The DH is evolutionarily not revolutionary.
My expectations have already been exceeded.

By the way, the Voodoo is one and done. if you want one get a GT350. šŸ‘
On my list. The 350 is one of my ultimate dream cars. Still planning to get a DH.
Sponsored

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
OK, hereā€™s the craziest idea in 10 pages:

You like the car and think the price is OK, buy it.

You donā€™t like the car or think the price is too high, donā€™t buy it.

Wasnā€˜t that easy?
In retrospect, I'm really glad so many people are vehemently displeased with the new mustang overall. Maybe it won't take forever for mine to be built

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
In retrospect, I'm really glad so many people are vehemently displeased with the new mustang overall. Maybe it won't take forever for mine to be built
And likewise, maybe demand wonā€™t support ADM?

Naaaaaa!

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
All of this talk about better performance from brand x for this price.. if you only care about performance go buy a Tesla and be the stop light king... in this new age of EV performance... I'm more interested in the intangible...how does the car make you feel ...what emotion does the car conjur vs. 0 to 60 times.... I currently own a GT350R.. previously a 19 PP1 car.. along with previosly owning multiple classic Shelbys... 66 Gt350H .. 67 GT500.... I have yet to drive a Mach 1... I have driven a new C8 .. is the c8 faster then my 350R 0 to 60? Yes 100% .. but if you asked me to choose a car to drive through some canyon back roads I'd take the 350R 10000% over a C8 .. the c8 simply does not invoke emotion like the 350R does...so my question is not will the dark horse be faster than a c8.. because I'm pretty sure it wont.. my question is will it invoke more emotion than a c8 on a Sunday morning drive through the canyons...

Last edited:

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Your tesla comment is real strange coming from a 350R owner. The majority of the performance conversations/comparisons have not been about straight-line A to B. The base GT would be the comparison point if that were the case....much more HP/$ than the DH.

A big consideration here is exactly what you said.....are the smiles worth it for the money?
The way I see it, that answer is yes for a very short list of people:
-people who have to have a brand new car and won't consider used
-people who prefer the styling and/or tech
-people who've never owned a gen 3 5.0 (hard sell for gen 3 guys - alot more money for the HP)
If you're in those 3....it's gonna be hard to beat.

Someone could very well say, "I love the way a lightly modded C6 Z06 sounds and feels in the canyons" It's cheaper and faster than a DH and a different brand.

All of this talk about better performance from brand x for this price.. if you only care about performance go buy a Tesla and be the stop light king... in this new age of EV performance... I'm more interested in the intangible...how does the car make you feel ...what emotion does the car conjur vs. 0 to 60 times.... I currently own a GT350R.. previously a 19 PP1 car.. along with previosly owning multiple classic Shelbys... 66 Gt350H .. 67 GT500.... I have yet to drive a Mach 1... I have driven a new C8 .. is the c8 faster then my 350R 0 to 60? Yes 100% .. but if you asked me to choose a car to drive through some canyon back roads I'd take the 350R 10000% over a C8 .. the c8 simply does not invoke emotion like the 350R does...so my question is not will the dark horse be faster than a c8.. because I'm pretty sure it wont.. my question is will it invoke more emotion than a c8 on a Sunday morning drive through the canyons...

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Where you lookin? There's several at my local chevy dealer. There's a 3LT with 3K miles for 93.5. A 3LT Z51 for 82.7.

I have not seen a C8 with decent trim/options under 100K in 2 years. @ 490HP.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Imagine happily toodling along the road in your Dark Horse and Johnny OldMoney rolls up next to you at a stoplight going ā€œPSHHHH, what a sucker. You realize my stripper Corvette is 3.14 seconds faster around VIR AND Iā€™m 2.1356s faster to 60 than you? Pshhhh what a tool, good luck enjoying your car with that info.ā€

OldMoney then proceeds to drive off, at the speed limit, smugly knowing that he just won the bench racing battle and is obviously the one with the superior car buying taste.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Imagine happily toodling along the road in your Dark Horse and Johnny OldMoney rolls up next to you at a stoplight going ā€œPSHHHH, what a sucker. You realize my stripper Corvette is 3.14 seconds faster around VIR AND Iā€™m 2.1356s faster to 60 than you? Pshhhh what a tool, good luck enjoying your car with that info.ā€

OldMoney then proceeds to drive off, at the speed limit, smugly knowing that he just won the bench racing battle and is obviously the one with the superior car buying taste.
There is nothing better in this world than living rent free in someone's brain...

Ol' Johnny Oldschool proceeds to drive off knowing that you paid too much for a paint job and 14hp...

But to each their own...

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Where you lookin? There's several at my local chevy dealer. There's a 3LT with 3K miles for 93.5. A 3LT Z51 for 82.7.
I just did a 100-mile search of Virginia for new. 1LT around 70K to 85K with ADM, no options. A lot of "contact dealer". 2LTs at 90K, most of them look familiar as not listing their ADMs.

Appears to be over 300 miles to travel to get 3LT under 90K.

Got another GT500 @ 90K instead w/760HP.

SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue PP Mustang GT

You talk as if buying a new car is a totally objective, numbers only experience - which, for most people, it decidedly is not. @Upacurb will have coveted, drooled over, ordered, waited impatiently for months, then eventually will take delivery of his DH and be the happiest man on earth; 0-60 and VIR lap times notwithstanding. He will be driving his heart's desire - not some car selected from the bottom line of an Excel spreadsheet. Why troll him?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
You talk as if buying a new car is a totally objective, numbers only experience - which, for most people, it decidedly is not. @Upacurb will have coveted, drooled over, ordered, waited impatiently for months, then eventually will take delivery of his DH and be the happiest man on earth; 0-60 and VIR lap times notwithstanding. He will be driving his heart's desire - not some car selected from the bottom line of an Excel spreadsheet. Why troll him?
That was my pointā€¦ My post was in sarcasm mocking the spreadsheet benchracer guy

Because youā€™re right, thereā€™s infinitely more to car buying than some track numbers

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
There is nothing better in this world than living rent free in someone's brain...

Ol' Johnny Oldschool proceeds to drive off knowing that you paid too much for a paint job and 14hp...

But to each their own...
Johnny OldMoney just mad that other people somehow enjoy driving their cars for the qualitative metrics instead of treating them like a roster for club racing

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
Spin it however the f*ck you need to spin it, dude.

The better performing car is cheaper.

And that's just the base model Stingray. For under 80k you can get an absolute beast of a performance car nicely optioned. The Stingray "piece for piece" is always going to skyrocket a cost of a 650, but Ford pigeon holed themselves by pricing the thing the way they have.
Surely you must understand performance is not 100% why people buy what they buy. A mustang is a much better daily driver. Plus not everyone is sold on the way the C8 looks.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Surely you must understand performance is not 100% why people buy what they buy. A mustang is a much better daily driver. Plus not everyone is sold on the way the C8 looks.
Absolutely understand that. I've owned a ton of Mustangs for that very reason. My issue is only with the DH, not Mustang's in general. I think Ford is baiting suckers with the DH. 14hp, a decent interior upgrade, and paint job is not a 65/67K car. The GT350 was worth every penny it sold for, but that car had true upgrades that reflected its price.

I don't come on these boards to troll, I come to discuss. Unfortunately there are some thick headed big mouth fanboys that refuse open discussion. I'll admit it's fun to tickle their small brain, but it does get tiring.

Show me the price of a 650 GT premium with a performance pack and I may even buy one. The DH is a huge no-go for me.
Sponsored