• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
So the DH is a 60k car.

So how much money do you need more to pay to have it on plates in the US?

I've heard a 60k car in the US is not the final price.
Sponsored

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
A C8 outperforms an RS5, M3, Supra, CT4 BW, etc. if your only basis for comparison is performance does it invalidate all of those other more expensive options?

What about purpose? Usability? Wanting a FE/RWD, high revving NA V8 with a manual?

Benchrscing makes sense when youā€™re comparing two like cars. Iā€™m this case, youā€™re comparing a purpose built 2-seat sports car to a 2+2 pony
I have not seen a C8 with decent trim/options under 100K in 2 years. @ 490HP.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Calm down everyone. The auto market will correct this year and there will be discounts. Aside from ADM and price fixing.

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
So the DH is a 60k car.

I've heard a 60k car in the US is not the final price.
Varies by state and county.
Around me dealers charge 299 to 499 for 'administrative fees". These you can, in normal times refuse to pay. Other than that its just state and local taxes which I would guess max out just under 10% nationwide.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It will vary by location. The final price can often be steeper than anticipated.

Base Price (MSRP. But with dealer, economy and negotiations, this can vary, +/- .)
Options
Gas Guzzler Tax (listed under "Options")
Destination/Delivery
Administrative Fees (varies by dealer)
Sales Tax (varies by location)
Registration Fees (Plates. Varies by location)
-----------------
Final Price
Insurance
-----------------
Final, Total, Price

It adds up, eh? Base pricing on any vehicle can be welcoming, but when you add every last bit, it can get steep, even on a car with little options. And then there's all the other stuff (rims, tires, tint, PPF, etc.)

I used a spreadsheet as part of the budgeting process, inputting costs of everything having to do with the car for the first five years of ownership. Then, I added 10% to that, as a buffer. Some things have been more expensive. Some less. Overall, the budget held and I'm grateful for everything.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
All this arguing makes me wonder if Ford had decided to put the Voodoo in there, how much more of an attractive car would it have made for.

Right now I just want to know what the car drives like. I'd implore someone who has been in one to let us in on that information, but I myself said they're probably under NDA on that, so I'm not expecting anything in that regard.
Based on production schedules you will not see test drives for another few months. That said, Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re expecting but Iā€™m sure itā€™s going to drive pretty much like an improved Mach 1. The DH is evolutionarily not revolutionary.

By the way, the Voodoo is one and done. if you want one get a GT350. šŸ‘

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Kudos to Ford for starting it under 60K. Still though, for the value, it's not there. At all. Not with where the used market has been going. The value case will only get worse as the used market drops a little more, and the mid year, or second year price increases hit.

That being said, it's still a strong competitor for a NEW car in its category. Very small market segment now that charger/challenger are gone and camaros probably will be too.

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
It will vary by location. The final price can often be steeper than anticipated.

Base Price (MSRP. But with dealer, economy and negotiations, this can vary, +/- .)
Options
Gas Guzzler Tax (listed under "Options")
Destination/Delivery
Administrative Fees (varies by dealer)
Sales Tax (varies by location)
Registration Fees (Plates. Varies by location)
-----------------
Final Price
Insurance
-----------------
Final, Total, Price

It adds up, eh? Base pricing on any vehicle can be welcoming, but when you add every last bit, it can get steep, even on a car with little options. And then there's all the other stuff (rims, tires, tint, PPF, etc.)

I used a spreadsheet as part of the budgeting process, inputting costs of everything having to do with the car for the first five years of ownership. Then, I added 10% to that, as a buffer. Some things have been more expensive. Some less. Overall, the budget held and I'm grateful for everything.
And in Missouri you have to pay personal property tax every year and its based on KBB. So in freak times like recently when used car values go up so does your tax bill.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
all of the standard active safety features available on the other trims come with the DH (LCA, BLIS, LCA, AEB, etc) which are not available on the 1SS, only the 2SS
Oddly enough for 100 years people managed to drive without all that garbage electronics. Though to be honest, BLISS would have sure been nice in the Camaro. In the Mustang it's gratuitous pointlessness since a headcheck is sufficient.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
OK, hereā€™s the craziest idea in 10 pages:

You like the car and think the price is OK, buy it.

You donā€™t like the car or think the price is too high, donā€™t buy it.

Wasnā€˜t that easy?

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250

Wasnā€˜t that easy?
How did you come up with that? You are a genus!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Oddly enough for 100 years people managed to drive without all that garbage electronics. Though to be honest, BLISS would have sure been nice in the Camaro. In the Mustang it's gratuitous pointlessness since a headcheck is sufficient.
LCA and ACC are god sends if you commute long distances

Rear cross traffic alerts are also a god send in parking lots

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

Wasnā€˜t that easy?
Thought you were the guy in your signature at first when I scrolled up and thought this statement was way too logical for that guy to make
Sponsored