• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
My question is, whatā€™s the dark horse appearance pack? If you gotta pay 2k for the badges thatā€™s complete BS
I'd actually like to know what's in it as well... Is it just the stripes? If so, they can keep those. I would rather not have them anyway.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Id have all of that turned off anyways on a track car. I just want a raw car not another appliance.
Just explaining why itā€™s not comparable and why I used the 2SS

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
My question is, whatā€™s the dark horse appearance pack? If you gotta pay 2k for the badges thatā€™s complete BS
Probably like the M1 appearance. The vinyl stuff. Assuming itā€™s tied to a halo color, maybe blue ember (praying to god you can get blue ember without that shit)

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
Blue ember is only available on appearance package. But you can also get vapor blue appearance pack.
Blue brakes, blue trim interior etc. It was posted on here some time ago.

DarkHorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse(Pending)
I don't think anyone should be surprised with the pricing as it's basically in line with how it's been in the past couple years.

I think one of the things that gets people with the price of the Dark Horse is something that also applies to the Mach 1, and that's the fact that it doesn't necessarily seem "special" enough to justify the $15,000 price difference over a GT. When the GT350 filled that spot, you were getting a car with a totally different--and unique--engine and not just a mildly worked over Coyote. The power difference was also much more substantial than what you get with M1/DH versus GT nowadays. We're talking about a 14 hp difference over a GT with the active exhaust. Sure it's got better suspension and all that, but it's still a paltry hp increase for a pretty substantial price increase.

With that said, I still like the Dark Horse and I'm fine with the pricing, but I can absolutely understand how and why someone would think it isn't worth the premium.
Man, I think you just hit the nail on the head. For me, at least.
I completely expected my build to be about $62-65k. But now that I actually SEE IT will be $65kā€¦. it just hits differently? Seems less justifiable to me for some reason.
For both the DH AND the M1. I think I may go GT350. A lot to chew onā€¦

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
appearance package allows you to get Blue Ember, plus gives you the Notorious Blue with Grabber Blue brake calipers, and maybe (this is still unconfirmed) blue carbon fiber wheels instead of black

Last edited:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
appearance package allows you to get Blue Ember, plus gives you the Notorious Blue with Grabber Blue brake calipers, and maybe (this is sill unconfirmed) blue carbon fiber wheels instead of black
I have read about the blue carbon fiber weave as well.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
interesting that Ford Authority got this info before Ford even added it to their systems
it looks like i was also kinda close with my guess of how much a fully optioned dark horse would be (~$85k)
still no word about the Technology Package, interestingly, which i did see listed on some pre-prod dark horse window stickers

I have read about the blue carbon fiber weave as well.
i remember i learned about it because of what you said

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
All this arguing makes me wonder if Ford had decided to put the Voodoo in there, how much more of an attractive car would it have made for.

Right now I just want to know what the car drives like. I'd implore someone who has been in one to let us in on that information, but I myself said they're probably under NDA on that, so I'm not expecting anything in that regard.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
What's with all the bitching?

Now, are things really that bad over there?
What are you complaining about you at least have warm weather, in Sweden we have shitty weather, taxes that will suck everything(not only bad though) out of you and high prices :D:D:D:D on top I think my income would be the double in the US compared to here....

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am surprised to hear some think the 1968 notchback Mustang is ugly. I actually like the look of the 68 notchback. Put some wide rear tires on the 68 notch and the Mustang looks really aggressive and cool. As far as the price of the 2024 DH Mustang goes , I am pleased by the price. I have always felt Ford priced their higher performance Mustangs higher to keep them out of the hands of younger and less mature drivers. I feel the DH Mustang is more suited for my driving because the Corvette is more difficult to get in and out of. I am not bothered by having to pay more for a Mustang than a Corvette because I like the looks of a Mustang more. I am sure younger drivers would probably prefer a Corvette because of more of race car look to it. Being a mature adult , I can now afford to buy what I like. I like the Dark Horse.