• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
What's with all the bitching?

Some of y'all need a wake up call on how good you have it in the US.
Plenty to choose from.
Relatively short wait periods (try 12+ months over here).
No crap exchange rate that adds 50+ % on the top.

You want Camaro comparisons?

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Dark Horse PRICING Leaked: $57,970 Base MSRP 💵 Capture.JPG

AUD ~$220k for a 4 year old with 5300 miles on it.
And not many to choose from.

You want a bit newer?
Too bad.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Dark Horse PRICING Leaked: $57,970 Base MSRP 💵 Capture2.JPG

Because of no real competition, we get royally screwed over here down under in the colonies.
First world problems.

Now, are things really that bad over there?
Sponsored

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
What's with all the bitching?

Some of y'all need a wake up call on how good you have it in the US.
Plenty to choose from.
Relatively short wait periods (try 12+ months over here).
No crap exchange rate that adds 50+ % on the top.

You want Camaro comparisons?

Capture.JPG

AUD ~$220k for a 4 year old with 5300 miles on it.
And not many to choose from.

You want a bit newer?
Too bad.

Capture2.JPG

Because of no real competition, we get royally screwed over here down under in the colonies.
First world problems.

Now, are things really that bad over there?
God bless your souls.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
It’s missing a ton of basic features versus the rest of the cars in the list and price bracket, that’s all. I even made a side note expressing that it doesn’t really fit in with the DH; closer to a GT PP competitor in volume and price.
Honestly a 1ss 1le vs a 2ss 1le is only missing the upgraded stereo, interior door lighting and a camera mirror. That's it. It still has leather , Recaros, same screen and dash etc. it actually has more features then a base mach1. It's volume and price is biased assessment. It's more loaded than a base pp1 with that 4in screen and cloth seats.

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
This was what i was hoping for. Unless something negative happens to me financially i am think I am going to get the Dark Horse. Pretty excited to be honest.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
We come from the land of plenty. Or well we used to anyway. Now gimmie a bite of your vegimite sammich.
Dang, I think y'all mean Vegemite sanga.
Right?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Seriously? Talk about free time. Unless you for for Ford or something of course.
Is that supposed to be a diss? My job’s flexible and l’m not the one wasting my time rage posting on a forum about a car I don’t like 😂

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Honestly a 1ss 1le vs a 2ss 1le is only missing the upgraded stereo, interior door lighting and a camera mirror. That's it. It still has leather , Recaros, same screen and dash etc. it actually has more features then a base mach1. It's volume and price is biased assessment. It's more loaded than a base pp1 with that 4in screen and cloth seats.
The base dark horse doesn’t have a 4” screen. It also has heated/cooled seats as standard which you cannot get on the 1SS. Also, I’m going out on a limb and assuming all of the standard active safety features available on the other trims come with the DH (LCA, BLIS, LCA, AEB, etc) which are not available on the 1SS, only the 2SS

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
The base dark horse doesn’t have a 4” screen. It also has heated/ lcooled seats as standard which you cannot get on the 1SS. Also, I’m going out on a limb and assuming all of the standard active safety features available on the other trims come with the DH (LCA, BLIS, LCA, AEB, etc) which are not available on the 1SS, only the 2SS
Id have all of that turned off anyways on a track car. I just want a raw car not another appliance.

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
My question is, what’s the dark horse appearance pack? If you gotta pay 2k for the badges that’s complete BS

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I don't think anyone should be surprised with the pricing as it's basically in line with how it's been in the past couple years.

I think one of the things that gets people with the price of the Dark Horse is something that also applies to the Mach 1, and that's the fact that it doesn't necessarily seem "special" enough to justify the $15,000 price difference over a GT. When the GT350 filled that spot, you were getting a car with a totally different--and unique--engine and not just a mildly worked over Coyote. The power difference was also much more substantial than what you get with M1/DH versus GT nowadays. We're talking about a 14 hp difference over a GT with the active exhaust. Sure it's got better suspension and all that, but it's still a paltry hp increase for a pretty substantial price increase.

With that said, I still like the Dark Horse and I'm fine with the pricing, but I can absolutely understand how and why someone would think it isn't worth the premium.
Sponsored