• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 GT K&N sent wrong size filter question

Rush hour 89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
24 GT after spending 20 min to try to install the filter I realized it was too big. One of the filters is the correct size. Can I use 1 K&N filter and 1 stock paper filter? I think it’ll be ok but just want to ask the question
Sponsored

347Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang, 2024 Dark Horse Blue Ember
24 GT after spending 20 min to try to install the filter I realized it was too big. One of the filters is the correct size. Can I use 1 K&N filter and 1 stock paper filter? I think it’ll be ok but just want to ask the question
That wont hurt at all while you wait for K&N to ship you the right one!

OP
OP

Rush hour 89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
Cool it’s weird it has the notch for the 24 gt but it’s the size of the filter that was on my 18 roush cai lol

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
From what I understand, yes. The second tb isn’t used all the time, so in a pinch you ‘could’ get away with it for a little.

OP
OP

Rush hour 89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
I left the carbon traps it’ll probably be like that for a minute though filters are out of stock on K&N website

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
I'm waiting on the JLT cold air intake, but they keep pushing back the date. One site says March 2024, and another says winter 2024. In the meantime, I pulled the carbon traps and opened up the holes in the sides of the grille. For the money, the K&N's are not worth it to me.
I know that a lot is new for 2024, but am really surprised that the aftermarket has been so slow to respond with new parts and upgrades. Seems like a lot of whats out there now is a carry over from '15-'23.
The JLT intake is available for preorder, and I'd pay the $450 to have it in my hands right now, but not for a waitlist whose date is a moving target.

OP
OP

Rush hour 89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
Yea saw it said 4th quarter 2024 for release date for the JLT. I needed new filters the stock paper ones are filthy

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I'm waiting on the JLT cold air intake, but they keep pushing back the date. One site says March 2024, and another says winter 2024. In the meantime, I pulled the carbon traps and opened up the holes in the sides of the grille. For the money, the K&N's are not worth it to me.
I know that a lot is new for 2024, but am really surprised that the aftermarket has been so slow to respond with new parts and upgrades. Seems like a lot of whats out there now is a carry over from '15-'23.
The JLT intake is available for preorder, and I'd pay the $450 to have it in my hands right now, but not for a waitlist whose date is a moving target.
Same here, not feeling the K&N things at all. It should be ready by the end of the year, and I'm willing to wait it out. I don't want a hot box slowing me down.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Why not just contact them for the exchange for the right item? Are you outside of your return period?

OP
OP

Rush hour 89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
Why not just contact them for the exchange for the right item? Are you outside of your return period?
Just got them can’t call until tomorrow so I’ll see what happens. I’m currently running 1 K&N and 1 stock paper filter until I get it sorted

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Did you order is from K&N? Every time I check, the status is "Out of Stock".

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal performance
OK. That's the only place I have seen them in stock.
So, they sent you two DIFFERENT air filters? That does not sound good.

OP
OP

Rush hour 89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
OK. That's the only place I have seen them in stock.
So, they sent you two DIFFERENT air filters? That does not sound good.
Yeah one is the correct size and the other one doesn’t fit at all it’s visually different

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah one is the correct size and the other one doesn’t fit at all it’s visually different
I'll keep that in mind when I go to order the filters.
Sponsored