• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

K&N Filter

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I also bought them from Steeda... They don't fit. I should have come on here first and browsed around. I could probably 3D print a tightening adapter, but who's got time for that?!?!

High-Flow Air Filter Steeda.jpg

Were you able to contact them and get a return/refund?

I'm tempted to buy the CJPonyParts filters, but I guess I'll wait until "more official" items are available.
I found the correct filter on KN webpage let me get you the model standby RU-1037

I called steeda and lethal to tell them they are selling the wrong product

I got a refund,

S650 Mustang K&N Filter IMG_1344
Sponsored

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
The RU-1037 is not designed for the S650. It is designated as a “universal “ filter. K&N has not yet released a model number for the S650.

IMG_3704.jpeg
This what CJPony is shipping. $135 for 2. They were on sale for 10% off when I ordered them.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
even Ford does not have the filter out yet. they released the filter for the '24 EcoBoost, though. part number for the Motorcraft filter for the GT/DH will be FA-2066
good news: Ford has seemed to finally release the GT air filter. dealer cost is $13 and retail is $24

ThorsStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s650 GT Premium NPP PP
I found the correct filter on KN webpage let me get you the model standby RU-1037

I called steeda and lethal to tell them they are selling the wrong product

I got a refund,

IMG_1344.png
This filter does not fit. I ordered 2 from Amazon to try and the hole on the filter is way bigger than the Ford filter. Returning tomorrow

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thor: did you try it? I got 2 from Amazon and they fit perfectly/snug before even tightening the clamp.

Now mind you search my post about check engine light general code 21000 and read it lol. Don't think the problem was the filter but the computer needing to adjust to the increased air flow etc

ThorsStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s650 GT Premium NPP PP
Thor: did you try it? I got 2 from Amazon and they fit perfectly/snug before even tightening the clamp.

Now mind you search my post about check engine light general code 21000 and read it lol. Don't think the problem was the filter but the computer needing to adjust to the increased air flow etc
I pulled the Ford filter and held the base of the filters together and said nope. You could easily see it was bigger.

Maybe I could have ratcheted it down super tight? I didn't think I would compress a full inch of extra rubber tho..

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
This is the correct filter ordered direct from kn

S650 Mustang K&N Filter IMG_1344

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
This is the correct filter ordered direct from kn

IMG_1344.png
Oh my God. Have you read any of the posts in this thread? This is NOT the filter for a S650 GT. It is a similar looking universal replacement. You do you, no one here could care less. But please do not post false information.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Oh my God. Have you read any of the posts in this thread? This is NOT the filter for a S650 GT. It is a similar looking universal replacement. You do you, no one here could care less. But please do not post false information.
Bikeman, I think people hear your concerns on it not being the "official" filter but if you take the measurements on the stock filters and stack them up with RU-1037 they're almost identical with exception to the height being slightly less. If anything it actually fits better....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Bikeman, I think people hear your concerns on it not being the "official" filter but if you take the measurements on the stock filters and stack them up with RU-1037 they're almost identical with exception to the height being slightly less. If anything it actually fits better....
That is exactly why I said, "you do you". Personally I wouldn't put anything "almost" on my brand new $50k car. Besides it's only an air filter. It's not like your getting 50 free horsepower.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
That is exactly why I said, "you do you". Personally I wouldn't put anything "almost" on my brand new $50k car. Besides it's only an air filter. It's not like your getting 50 free horsepower.
Understandable

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Lol 😂 bro if you think anything’s going to get hurt using an upgraded air filter that fits perfectly by a company that designed high performance air filtration to automakers for 50years just simply because it’s not branded 2024 mustang you’ve fallen off your rocker

it’s an Air filter lol we’re not reinventing the wheel here, my car was 70k and it’s in my car lol 😂

S650 Mustang K&N Filter IMG_1618

S650 Mustang K&N Filter IMG_1619

S650 Mustang K&N Filter IMG_1620

S650 Mustang K&N Filter IMG_1621

S650 Mustang K&N Filter IMG_1622

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Lol 😂 bro if you think anything’s going to get hurt using an upgraded air filter that fits perfectly by a company that designed high performance air filtration to automakers for 50years just simply because it’s not branded 2024 mustang you’ve fallen off your rocker

it’s an Air filter lol we’re not reinventing the wheel here, my car was 70k and it’s in my car lol 😂
Wow! You are spending far too much time trying to defend yourself. But nice pics though.

Bottom line, I said you do what you want, I could care less. But if that 50 year old company wanted to sell this filter for a 2024 Mustang they would market it as that. They didn't and you saying it is is flat out wrong.

By the way there is more to a filter than just the fitting. Cut a few apart and you will see that.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

IMG_1618.png

IMG_1619.png

IMG_1620.png

IMG_1621.png

IMG_1622.png
Two things...

My lord Motorcraft, what Monday at 7am shift made that filter..?

Two..

I see the new URP catch can set up on yours.. NICE! I'll be getting at set up as well.
Sponsored