• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 GT Active Exhaust = Yea or Nay?

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Another vote for "Yea" if you can afford it.

If you live in the city/suburbs, your neighbors will thank you...
Sponsored

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Definitely get it. I love it in my Dark Horse. So years ago I owned a 2018 GT without it, and changed the exhaust multiple times but it was always loud (obviously). Then I got a 2019 GT with active, and had a full Borla setup. The nice thing about active exhaust, is that even going aftermarket, you can make it louder, but still retain quiet mode. It definitely comes in handy

Deleted member 60890

AE is the reason I got my 24ā€™ GT convertible Mustang! Love it!

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
AE is the reason I got my 24ā€™ GT convertible Mustang! Love it!
Do you find that the quiet mode really does quiet it down and it works well? That would be my main draw to the AE is the ability to really tone it down.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
I personally have the AE with a steed a H pipe and love it just as much if not more than my MBRP full exhaust i had on the S550. The quiet is just that, big night and day difference. When I'm heading home from work at 7am, its really nice to run the Track exhaust option until i hit the subdivision and then with the click of my favorites button, its very quiet to not wake everyone up. pair the AE with long tubes and a Reso delete and you have an amazing sound that should satisfy all of your itches for loud V8 and quiet when needed. As far as drone, I don't feel like there is any even doing 90 consistently with track exhaust open. the 10Spd does a good job at keeping the rpms in check when running consistent highway speeds so your not screaming all the time. I was iffy when i placed my order as well but i don't regret getting it at all.
Same here AE and H pipe, only difference Is mine is a 6 speed so pretty easy control RPMā€™s and noice. I love it and it was the only option other than paint. Personally I have never drove around in quiet.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Do you find that the quiet mode really does quiet it down and it works well? That would be my main draw to the AE is the ability to really tone it down.
It is noticeably quieter, but not silent. You still get a bit of rumble.

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
Well, my opinion is quite the opposite of the group. I ordered mine without active exhaust. My main reason is I plan to buy an aftermarket catback exhaust. I could not justify the active exhaust option and paying for a more expensive active valve aftermarket exhaust. Having said that, this will not be a daily driver for me. If this was a daily driver for me, I believe I would have ticked the box on this option. I can imagine the car would be a bit much early in the morning and would probably piss the neighborhood off early in the morning.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
If you're worried about a failure, there aren't that many parts to it. There is a valve in side the exhaust that is stainless steel so it will outlast the car, and an electronic actuator that bolts to it which is relatively cheap and easy to replace.

I ordered my car with it.

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
That's gorgeous! We ordered a black '24 GT Convertible the first week of January and looking forward to getting it in March-April. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored