• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 GT Active Exhaust = Yea or Nay?

Deleted member 60890

Same here AE and H pipe, only difference Is mine is a 6 speed so pretty easy control RPM’s and noice. I love it and it was the only option other than paint. Personally I have never drove around in quiet.
Actually, I have never drove around in quiet as well! I programmed one of the hot keys for track exhaust. Turn on car hit hot key button track exhaust on!
Sponsored

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I set my favorite key for the opposite, quiet exhaust. The Mustang Mode takes too long to boot on a cold start :crackup:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
Don’t use quiet mode much, wife says let it rip
Mine too and I find it kinda shocking that she likes it, even in my convertible with the top down. If I take off say after fueling up and forget to toggle over to track mode, she’ll ask me within a mile if something is wrong with the engine.

Can‘t imagine not having it.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I now have a GT on order and really never gave a second thought about the Active Exhaust until watching some videos about it. Curious to know what the general consensus here is regarding the AE?

How quiet is the AE setting when it's on quiet cruising down the freeway? Does it make it sound like a normal car? The more I think about it I think it would be nice to have the car be pretty quiet when going on an out of town trip on the freeway for instance. But maybe the regular exhaust on the GT isn't too loud at freeway speeds but I have read comments about how the drone from the exhaust can get annoying on trips, etc?

The frugal part of me says what happens if the AE breaks or has issues years down the road - I wonder how much that'll cost? Anyway just looking for opinions on if the AE is worth it or not. I think the stock GT exhaust sounds great to me so I guess I'm coming from an angle of maybe it would be nice to make it quieter like I mentioned. In that regard how much quieter does the quiet mode make it compared to the stock GT exhaust?

I know there are other benefits such as quad tips and the added 6 horses so that's not all bad either. Just curious what the opinions are here from the ones that have AE on their 24's.
Most people that I’ve spoken to about this, didn’t get it because they didn’t order the car. Some say they don’t mind not having it, I couldn’t. That’s the ONE thing I knew I was getting when I ordered mine, no regrets. I drive in track mode when I drive, sounds amazing for a factory exhaust. It’s worth it.

Deleted member 60890

Mine too and I find it kinda shocking that she likes it, even in my convertible with the top down. If I take off say after fueling up and forget to toggle over to track mode, she’ll ask me within a mile if something is wrong with the engine.

Can‘t imagine not having it.
That’s great! I ask my wife if she wants me to tone it down, she says do what makes you happy! Track mode it is!

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Most people that I’ve spoken to about this, didn’t get it because they didn’t order the car. Some say they don’t mind not having it, I couldn’t. That’s the ONE thing I knew I was getting when I ordered mine, no regrets. I drive in track mode when I drive, sounds amazing for a factory exhaust. It’s worth it.
I have decided I'm going to add the AE option to my order. Curious if you have a base GT or a Premium? That rapid red color looks great.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I have decided I'm going to add the AE option to my order. Curious if you have a base GT or a Premium? That rapid red color looks great.
I have a base GT, with only 3 changes. Interior, rapid red color, and active exhaust. Mine is a 6 speed too.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I have a base GT, with only 3 changes. Interior, rapid red color, and active exhaust. Mine is a 6 speed too.
So do you have a 300A or the 301A pkg? How do you like the base interior? My order is for a base interior right now as for me I'm not seeing the value in spending more $ for the premium interior. Do you find the base interior to be plenty comfortable and do you think it will hold up well over time (quality wise)?

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
So do you have a 300A or the 301A pkg? How do you like the base interior? My order is for a base interior right now as for me I'm not seeing the value in spending more $ for the premium interior. Do you find the base interior to be plenty comfortable and do you think it will hold up well over time (quality wise)?
I normally do my own interior after a buy a car, so that is why I got the clothe seats. But after I got the car, I actually like them. Soft and comfortable for sure. I will at some point change out my interior to leather, as it's not worth getting it from the dealer. I do any color, and style I want and it does not cost a lot. All of the cars I've done cost no more than $1800 installed. Full leather. I have just the BASE, no 301A. So no heated/cooled seats or anything like that, as I do not need them. I only drive the car on sunny days, and only on the weekends. The Premium package is just not worth it to me, but I understand if some like it.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
If you have the Option, please get it!! You won’t regret the choice. I have my GT Performance Profile setup this way and I have “0” regrets on that. I have tried the Quiet Mode once just to see if the drop was there and it is amazing as the Sound definitely drops. I use Track Mode EXCLUSIVELY and leave for work at 04:00 daily or get home at 06:00 depending on shift and I don’t change a thing.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
If you have the Option, please get it!! You won’t regret the choice. I have my GT Performance Profile setup this way and I have “0” regrets on that. I have tried the Quiet Mode once just to see if the drop was there and it is amazing as the Sound definitely drops. I use Track Mode EXCLUSIVELY and leave for work at 04:00 daily or get home at 06:00 depending on shift and I don’t change a thing.
Yeah, I have my profile setup with Sport driving, but Track Exhaust. Sounds amazing...so worth it. I plan on keeping the exhaust stock for a while...I think it's great as it comes with the active exhaust option.

steyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP1 Rapid Red
I'd definitely get active valve. The stock exhaust sounds good on its own, but the active valve takes it to a whole 'nother level. With track mode on it's very loud and sounds almost as good as a GT350. On track exhaust mode it sounds even louder than my '17 Challenger Scat Pack did, and those 392s exhaust are LOUD.
Sponsored