• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Potentially Spotted Testing With Current Model

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
It’s cool that they’re benchmarking the Mach 1 in terms of performance. However if the GT benchmarks the price of the Mach 1 as well then that’s an issue…
I wouldn't be too concerned, ford seems to understand the importance of keeping the price lower for lower end models, like the Ecoboost and entry level gt.
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I noticed was that using my optimal seating position I currently use for my A10 EcoBoost, I can't press the clutch all the way down to the floor.
pedal extender. It was just mentioned a few days ago in the 'what you did' thread I think. Basically it's a chunk of ABS that adds ~2" inches to the pedal face. CJ/AM etc. carry it. There was also a post today about a 3D-printed triangle-thingy that moves the entire pedal assembly 12mm off the floor.
not sure how to solve this problem at the moment besides sticking with automatics.)
repent and banish such apostacy from thine soul

I suspect if we were to see how you sit in your car there might be some pointers about correct positioning. And anyway the engagement point isn't on the floor.

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Well for one, these test cars are a parts bin build...meaning they use any available part from the model to make it worth. So it could be wearing Ecoboost wheels and Mach1 exhaust if that's all they had available. Also, newer models tend to have the old models high end upgrades as standard. So it very well could be that a standard model S650 GT would sport the S550 Mach1 exhaust.
It’s a s650 GT, they’re making sure the driving experience of the s650 GT is differentiated from the Mach 1!

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Please no Mach 1 anymore or even a Boss. Please make a Shelby model or a Cobra model down the road. I hope this is just a performance oriented GT.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
pedal extender...

repent and banish such apostacy from thine soul.
lol.

At this point I'm just going to be patient and wait for the S650s. I'm really in no rush to get a GT since I have my EcoBoost and am enjoying it as it is. It'll be about three more years until it's fully paid off, no interest.

Any chance the final top trim Mustang doesn't use a legacy name like Shelby/Boss/Mach/Cobra? Maybe an EXTERMINATOR :angry: as the potential farewell to the V8s? Or if someone's gotta use marketing to sell, perhaps the VOODOO PREDATOR? :bow:

...I need to go to bed and sleep now.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
I've had enough of the Shelby name.

Bring back the COBRA.

I'd totally be fine with Cobra! And as a matter, we'd probably have a better chance at getting one. But who knows, just no freakin Mach or Boss. Hate those names.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I'd totally be fine with Cobra! And as a matter, we'd probably have a better chance at getting one. But who knows, just no freakin Mach or Boss. Hate those names.
The Mach 1 name has been sullied. I say this as the owner of a '71 Mach 1. So that's right out also.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
it'll be better !! :)
19x10 square, Magneride v4. Just guessing, natch
I'd be down for Magneride being available outside of Performance Packages, especially if it came with square tire setups as opposed to the current staggered exclusivity.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
...haha!
My '75 Mustang II was a Mach 1, try that............:sunglasses:
mustangii.jpg
ha! My first car was a ‘77 “fastback” (ok… hatchback…) Mustang 2 With the 302. Bought it used from an older friend in the 90s. He had bought it brand new. It was a great first car. But the engine was sntrangled to death with the 70’s version of emissions controls. A cam, intake, carb, and custom dual exhaust later and the car lit up. Plus it sounded amazing. I wasn’t a fan of its looks, but it had character and it was light and fast for so little work. My brothers 440 challenger couldn’t keep up. I missed that car when I sold it - until I bought an’03 Cobra - My favorite car to this day.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 02 150, 06 250
The Mach 1 name has been sullied. I say this as the owner of a '71 Mach 1. So that's right out also.
I'll be picking up my 22 here soon. Also have a 71 in the garage ( really wanted a '21 to park next to the '71). I think they could've done better on this latest generation to keep with the name, this new car is more a Boss than a Mach imo.

But I guess they went with Mach 1 to try and recover some from the disaster that was naming the Mach E a Mach and a Mustang. I like the ECUV, just do not care for the name. Thunderbolt or something would've been more fitting.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
this new car is more a Boss than a Mach imo
Just wondering what it is exactly in your opinion that makes the new generation more of a Boss than a Mach 1?
Sponsored