• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 dead ?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Being NVRAM, something stored should last a good while, if not close to indefinite. But yea, I'd like to know what all is kept. Some features I've read of, but I'm sure there are more still.

Someone with dealer experience, any modern model, whose programmed a unit before might provide additional details.
👍🏻 beat me to it and confirmed my thought at the same time.

nvram although unless it has its own cmos batt it’s gonna slurp ever so little and will eventually reset once completely discharged.
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Just got back from hour drive, went to remote start and car wouldn’t start, got in car and every light is on dash ? Anyone else seen anything like this ? And won’t start,

IMG_3073.jpeg
Battery charge level issue on new vehicle has been reported. Many have resolved by purchasing an inexpensive 5 amp battery charger/maintainer designed for AGM batteries and leaving it on your car overnight until the battery is FULLY charged.

Example: https://no.co/genius5

OP
OP
INSANEMUSTANG9

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
Yeah car never really sits, my commute is over an hour each way and this was after a long drive, car is putting out 14+ volts so it’s charging, drove 4 hours straight across Florida after, other then getting a flat tire no other issues. Like other said might of just been a bad update, but I keep a trusty 10 mill in the car,
Still gonna have ford just look it over and at least document it but hopefully nothing crazy.

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
I understand how a bad update can cause problems...but i have not had any update since i bought my car in November!
I read that Ford was preparing an update for Q1 2024, to fix all kind of issues, but have not heard anything about it yet.
Have you guys received updates on your 2024 Mustang?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
When was your car built? Wondering if Ford is taking care of this issue with newer deliveries or not since this is a known issue with this car. Frustrating to keep reading this.

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
This is my software version
S650 Mustang 2024 dead ? 1000025823

StephenS650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
Just got back from hour drive, went to remote start and car wouldn’t start, got in car and every light is on dash ? Anyone else seen anything like this ? And won’t start,

IMG_3073.jpeg

IMG_3073.jpeg
Just went through this the other night after car show. My mechanic son was with me and did a hard reset. Take both battery cables off and hook them together using only one of the jumper cable( I used just the positive cable) it drains all power and then hook back up to battery

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I understand how a bad update can cause problems...but i have not had any update since i bought my car in November!
I read that Ford was preparing an update for Q1 2024, to fix all kind of issues, but have not heard anything about it yet.
Have you guys received updates on your 2024 Mustang?
GM recently pushed out a "bad update" that caused a lot of their vehicle owners to wake up to dead batteries. Apparently, the software update left the infotainment system constantly running and drained the battery. Source: Fix For 2023 Chevy Colorado Battery Discharge After Update (gmauthority.com)

• Wow
Reactions: DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

IMG_3073.jpeg
Hi there. This no start concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mustang. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
Had this same thing happen last night. It's not a battery issue like some have said. The cars other systems worked fine (windows, sound system, etc.) And, once it re-set itself after about 30 minutes, it fired right up and no codes. Charging at 13.5+.
This is something else. The TSB 52142 says the ABS module needs to be reprogrammed. Another post said they replaced the Gateway Module.
If it happens again, I'm taking it to the dealership to find and fix the problem.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I plan to take a parasitic current reading when I get my GT. I already have a 5 amp Noco charger I plan to use until the charge level is full.
Having taken several parasitic readings at different times, I'm most interested in your findings.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
Question. And I apologize in advance as this may not be the right thread to ask this, but does disconnecting the battery reset the oil life monitor? I know in the past, disconnecting the battery causes the radio station presets to reset.
Shouldn't. Ive had my battery disconnected twice, once for a few minutes and the other for a few hours. Neither time I lost any setting or monitor progress.
Sponsored