• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

10R80 Question

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I've seen on other automatic cars equipped with Paddle shifters, when in drive, if you hold the " - " and " + " paddle shifters at the same time, the car temporarily switches to neutral, allowing you to rev freely until you release the paddles. Has anyone tried this with the S650 A10 paddle shifters? Please let me know if the S650 has this capability.
Sponsored

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 gt premium performance package vapor blue
Nope, just tested didn't do anything. I'd imagine it could be added in an update but I doubt that'll happen

OP
OP
Lightningwings

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dang, I’ve seen videos where the Corvette C8 has this feature. Was hoping Ford would put this in the Mustang. Thanks for confirming!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
the 2020-2022 GT500 had this feature, i think its something that is only done with DCTs

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It's a characteristic of DCT-type transmissions and the cars that have them, allowing for the temporary disengagement of both clutches without a pedal.

Last edited:

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Dang, I’ve seen videos where the Corvette C8 has this feature. Was hoping Ford would put this in the Mustang. Thanks for confirming!
I can confirm. My father has a C8 and I have tested this. Kind of fun... and another reason I'm glad I got a manual. Went through a tunnel this past weekend and my age dropped instantly to a 16-year-old kid. My wife just rolled her eyes at me 😂

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
I can confirm. My father has a C8 and I have tested this. Kind of fun... and another reason I'm glad I got a manual. Went through a tunnel this past weekend and my age dropped instantly to a 16-year-old kid. My wife just rolled her eyes at me 😂
LMAO! I get the same reaction when I tell my wife hold on I wanna try something.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
and another reason I'm glad I got a manual.
Has anyone tried this with the S650 A10 paddle shifters? Please let me know if the S650 has this capability.
Are ya'll aware there is an N position of the automatic shifter that puts the car in neutral that allows you to rev the piss out of it to your hearts desire?

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Are ya'll aware there is an N position of the automatic shifter that puts the car in neutral that allows you to rev the piss out of it to your hearts desire?
Yea... but is that safe to do when cruising down the road, to just pop the transmission out of drive, into neutral, rev, and then pop back into drive? 👀

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Yea... but is that safe to do when cruising down the road, to just pop the transmission out of drive, into neutral, rev, and then pop back into drive? 👀
Haven't tried it a 24 Mustang, but this was common in all cars for decades. There were detents in the shift pattern that only allowed it to go between drive and neutral, but not reverse. You had to either pull (on the column) or move the shifter one way or press a button to be able to get it into reverse.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
I have done that D->N->Rev->D for 12 years on my genesis coupe… sold it with a flawless drive train. As long as you wait till ur revs turn down before re-engaging Drive.
I used to even do it on my Boxster GTS, and had no issues.
Just don’t over do it…. Enjoy it

OP
OP
Lightningwings

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven't tried it a 24 Mustang, but this was common in all cars for decades. There were detents in the shift pattern that only allowed it to go between drive and neutral, but not reverse. You had to either pull (on the column) or move the shifter one way or press a button to be able to get it into reverse.
So I tried this in my 2000 Mustang GT convertible back in 2016 when I was in college. I was cruising with the top down towards the campus dining hall. I was coming up on a large roundabout as a couple of girls were making their way towards the dining hall. I look to my buddy in the passenger seat and said "watch this..." I tried to shift the car from Drive into Neutral, but my dumb*** ended up skipping Neutral and shifted into Reverse. Killed the engine power and we sat there in front of the roundabout looking like a couple of jack***es. Them girls pretty much scoffed at us and didn't even bat an eye. Took a couple of minutes of trying to crank the car back up, but it finally started and the embarrassment faded away as we drove off, but the lesson in hubris stays with me.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
So I tried this in my 2000 Mustang GT convertible back in 2016 when I was in college. I was cruising with the top down towards the campus dining hall. I was coming up on a large roundabout as a couple of girls were making their way towards the dining hall. I look to my buddy in the passenger seat and said "watch this..." I tried to shift the car from Drive into Neutral, but my dumb*** ended up skipping Neutral and shifted into Reverse. Killed the engine power and we sat there in front of the roundabout looking like a couple of jack***es. Them girls pretty much scoffed at us and didn't even bat an eye. Took a couple of minutes of trying to crank the car back up, but it finally started and the embarrassment faded away as we drove off, but the lesson in hubris stays with me.
Was she haute? :cwl:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
If you do it wrong you may end up sending grandma through the windshield or at a min introducing her to the dash pad.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Usually in AT cars, you don’t need to press that gear trigger to shift back and fourth from D to N, or N to D.
That way you can’t slip into R.
Sponsored