• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

“Next Gen” Mustang Will be Electric (EV) Only Claims Autoline

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I am not attempting to sway the opinions of anyone either. I personally respect the opinions of anyone within reason. For me and my passion for cars, I do not see a way that an EV can be as enjoyable for me. Is change coming...? Absolutely!

When I purchase a vehicle, I solely purchase it due to the build capabilities of the platform. In my personal opinion, there is nothing special about a stock Mustang. I can't think of a single car south of $100,000 that I would be content with the factory performance. I love wrenching on my vehicles, personalizing them, making them my own, making them unique, and adding 100 or more wheel horsepower to them. I love the sounds and smells associated with performance cars! I love the ability to simply change from 93 octane to E-85 and gain significant amounts of power on various platforms! I love manual transmissions and the ability to blip the throttle to rev-match!

Again, I know that EVs are the future. Nothing about an EV appeals to me and that is just my opinion. At some point, I could possibly drive an EV as a daily driver, but it will never appeal to me or provide me with the sensations I love about a vehicle with a combustion engine. Regardless of the power or adrenaline rush that an EV might offer, it will never fulfill my performance car wants/needs.
I don't disagree with any of that but (and it is a very big but) you are in an incredibly small minority in your needs for a car. This isn't me trying to provoke a response just simple reality. I am a petrolhead so sympathise with what you say but I'm also a realist.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I didn't say without stopping. Stopping for five minutes to fill up doesn't count.
In one go means without having to spend the night halfway through the journey, nor to go for a two hour walk or visit a museum while the car is charging - only to gain 40% more range during that time.
Covered off before but rapid charging is much better than that. Tesla are currently introducing rates of 1000 miles per hour charge rates - so a 20 minute stop would give you 300 miles. If you left home fully charged you would need to stop once for 20 minutes to complete the journey.

Driving for 10 hours with only a 5 minute break isn't my idea of fun. You still need to drink, eat and perform bodily functions even if the car doesn't ! I would suggest that is a pretty extreme journey.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What ICE coupe with 450PS could you buy for $50k other than a Mustang ? (OK other US equivalents if LHD) Probably you will have to wait for a hybrid / EV Mustang coupe.

Mustang can't do 600 miles without stopping !
Your mustang can’t do 700 miles in one go either...
Sure, but that's one fill at any gas station in any direction, along any route. One three minute fill against at least one 40 minute charge. That's assuming you can get to a Supercharger. If not, I'll see you there tomorrow at "normal" charging speeds. Once fast charging networks are rolled out on par with gas stations, I agree with you up until the total trip time. When I'm roadtripping, making good time is part of the fun for me. Leaving at odd hours to beat traffic patterns, taking alternate routes, driving like a bat out of hell, that's my happy place. On a 700 mile trip, my wife and I will stop once, for at most 15 minutes to fill up and grab a snack. adding 30 minutes to that...unacceptable. I've got to beat the GPS time estimate :cwl:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
I didn't say without stopping. Stopping for five minutes to fill up doesn't count.
In one go means without having to spend the night halfway through the journey, nor to go for a two hour walk or visit a museum while the car is charging - only to gain 40% more range during that time.
Likely two 5 min stops vs two 15 min stops..... Such a large time savings.... Again with the misconceptions. It doesn’t take that long at a fast charger and you don’t need a full 0-100% to complete the trip.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If you happen to have a fast charger at the next gas station on your route. And how much range do you gain in 15 minutes of fast charging?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Likely two 5 min stops vs two 15 min stops..... Such a large time savings.... Again with the misconceptions. It doesn’t take that long at a fast charger and you don’t need a full 0-100% to complete the trip.
Move on Zack, move on. Ice cream, pick you flavor.