• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

“Next Gen” Mustang Will be Electric (EV) Only Claims Autoline

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Dangerous . . . I hope you wouldn't. Unsuitable? Impossible for me to say. But I need a better reason to watch Richard Dawkins than simply having a link thrown at me.

I may or may not be losing out on anything important to me. Since I can't hope to understand everything about everything, I'm going to cut the time I do spend learning things to what I know I want to learn about and do as much of that learning at my own pace as possible. Which usually won't be from a 9 minute video that contains maybe one minute of value that has to be separated from the other 8 minutes of blah-blah-blah.

Too many videographers just want to point their phone at their face and just rattle on . . . and on, and on.

Norm
Not sure why you waste your time on here then ? Have you ever considered that I may have thought you would enjoy the short film? Rather than moaning about it maybe you should show a little gratitude that somebody from elsewhere in the world is actually bothered to share something with you that may cheer up your day. I will not bother you again.
Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
speed cameras = state surveillance in your head. Paranoia springs to mind.
Oh, are they privately owned? Or are they owned by the government, and used to keep tabs on citizens at all times? Wait, I forgot that the cornerstone of your justice system is "guilty, until proven innocent". See, here in the United States of Bailed Your Limey Imperialist Asses Out of Two World Wars (USoBYLIAOoTWW), treating the population like criminals is considered a violation of human rights and basic feeedoms.
Not sure why you waste your time on here then ? Have you ever considered that I may have thought you would enjoy the short film? Rather than moaning about it maybe you should show a little gratitude that somebody from elsewhere in the world is actually bothered to share something with you that may cheer up your day. I will not bother you again.
Hold on, I want you to stop bothering me too :giggle:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, are they privately owned? Or are they owned by the government, and used to keep tabs on citizens at all times? Wait, I forgot that the cornerstone of your justice system is "guilty, until proven innocent". See, here in the United States of Bailed Your Limey Imperialist Asses Out of Two World Wars (USoBYLIAOoTWW), treating the population like criminals is considered a violation of human rights and basic feeedoms.

Hold on, I want you to stop bothering me too :giggle:
I think you will find it is 'innocent until proven guilty' (small technical inaccuracy again from you!)

If you knew anything about speed cameras and data policy in the UK you would realise how inaccurate your comments are (again). Add that to your knowledge of EV's (better than those who own them it seems), your understanding of the BBC (better than somebody who uses and pays for it) and your reliability as a source of information is really rather dubious. Then you just fall back on the 'we saved you in the war' comments - therefore we must be better / more intelligent/ know more than you (delete as appropriate).

Regarding the latter - just ignore me, I will not be offended :wink: I will continue to reply to your posts as I see fit because I live in a free country :like:

Reactions: DRB

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless you're a Brazilian student. Or doing something perfectly legal that might seem suspicious under section 44. :wink:
But we'll gloss over that. 😁
Do you mean section 44 of the Terrorism Act which was repealed in 2011 ?

Not quite the same as speed cameras !

If you have laws then you need to enforce them. Luckily the UK is a democracy and the majority decide what becomes law. Not sure what any of this has to do with EV's ? :cwl:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Nothing, but since it came up...
I wasn't commenting on the speed camera topic. I was just observing that the "innocent until proven guilty" slogan is extremely elastic and depends heavily on the government's agenda. No matter how "democratic" the country in question might like to consider itself.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wasn't commenting on the speed camera topic. I was just observing that the "innocent until proven guilty" slogan is extremely elastic and depends heavily on the government's agenda. No matter how "democratic" the country in question might like to consider itself.
To an extent it is, in very prescribed circumstances. Terrorists are a case in point where they haven't 'done anything wrong' until it is too late. You can wait until they have blown people up or be proactive (within strict legal constraints)

Back to EV's before the mods complain

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you will find it is 'innocent until proven guilty' (small technical inaccuracy again from you!)

If you knew anything about speed cameras and data policy in the UK you would realise how inaccurate your comments are (again). Add that to your knowledge of EV's (better than those who own them it seems), your understanding of the BBC (better than somebody who uses and pays for it) and your reliability as a source of information is really rather dubious. Then you just fall back on the 'we saved you in the war' comments - therefore we must be better / more intelligent/ know more than you (delete as appropriate).

Regarding the latter - just ignore me, I will not be offended :wink: I will continue to reply to your posts as I see fit because I live in a free country :like:
:like:

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
True enough. Any government will eventually violate human rights in pursuit of its goals. The virtue of democratic republics is to limit government power by putting tools into people's hands that enable them to correct and punish those excesses when they occur.

That's the ideal version, anyway.

It certainly doesn't profit citizens of the U.S. and U.K to play "you're another!" with the awful things in our histories. There is more than enough blame to share.

I was at the same time fascinated with all the cameras in London the first time I visited, and completely unperturbed. My country has established legislation and instituted technological processes in this century that have made an illusion of personal privacy. Our surveillance culture in pursuit of our "safety" is second to none in the world, it's just a little less in-your-face than CCTV. Usually.

Not to mention how helpful to law enforcement some of us are in plastering our dumb criminal activities on Instagram and TikTok. One thing Orwell got wrong was that he didn't foresee us turning the cameras on ourselves. :cwl:

Last edited:

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On today's Mustang6G forum, we learn how to go from "Next Mustang rumored to be EV only" to "MASS SURVEILLANCE IN UK"

Come on lads/gents, let's get back to bitching at each other's likes and dislikes of EVs. :D
I will only buy an EV if it gets a proper manual transmission :crackup:

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Can't see myself buying an EV Mustang; it does miss the point for my personal taste.

I hope I live long enough to be comfortably daily driving a reliable EV of some kind, which is simply to say that I hope I live long enough to see more than a few more turns of the great wheel.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
EV's tend to fall flat at higher speeds because of their direct drive nature. Even a two-speed transmission would give them a lot more top end. Tell me you wouldn't love a pistol grip Hurst on a chunky 2-3 speed box.
For that particular power curve shape I think a 4-speed with about 1.40:1 gear steps would work without making things too busy for the driver.

As good as the Hurst shifters used to be, the kind of shifter that has no external linkage is so much nicer. Something like what this new offering from Tremec features.

S650 Mustang “Next Gen” Mustang Will be Electric (EV) Only Claims Autoline 1613741642327

I wonder how rapidly a big electric motor can be made to lose rpms on a lift-throttle upshift . . . and there might need to be a primary gear reduction between the motor and a manual transmission, given that MTs tend to have a limit on input rpms as far as good shifting is concerned (7500 for the TKX, which is significantly higher than that for the 6060).

Norm

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For that particular power curve shape I think a 4-speed with about 1.40:1 gear steps would work without making things too busy for the driver.

As good as the Hurst shifters used to be, the kind of shifter that has no external linkage is so much nicer. Something like what this new offering from Tremec features.

1613741642327.png

I wonder how rapidly a big electric motor can be made to lose rpms on a lift-throttle upshift . . . and there might need to be a primary gear reduction between the motor and a manual transmission, given that MTs tend to have a limit on input rpms as far as good shifting is concerned (7500 for the TKX, which is significantly higher than that for the 6060).

Norm
I wonder if a transaxle setup would be best for this.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Porsche Taycan has a 2 speed 'gearbox' - higher gear for general use and lower one for performance
It's a start. Had to happen sooner or later.

- but to be fair at no point does that car lack performance !
Performance is only part of the equation.

I'm a little surprised that a member from the country that gave us MG, Austin-Healey, Lotus, and TVR is ignoring the driver involvement side.

Norm
Sponsored