• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is this normal from ford?

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I also have some slight gap issues with my hood, so it would appear that is fairly common.
I have a minor bumper fascia gap on the driver's side. Brought back to dealer and they showed me several cars on the lot that were the same or worse. Other than that, all my panels fit well. My standard is German cars, even VW, where gaps are even and very small. Mine are good though and when the weather improves I might see what I can do about the fascia gap..
Sponsored

Jdio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 gt pp 2018 gt350 2003 cobra
Because some of us understand the industry.

It’s too much to explain but either you understand the process or don’t.
And , yes… you have a few spots that are out of spec or were close enough that an inspector signed off on it.

again… this is common on car’s quadruple the cost… so take that out.
So why is a 2024 Toyota Corolla’s paint, fit, finish and quality better for half the price? Help me understand?

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Mustangs have always had gaps and various quality issues. My 69 Mach1 had major gaps with issues. My 2011 had only one problem with the power passenger seat and was fixed under warranty. Believe it or not they are much improved from what was made in the past. This is true from all the major manufactures. My suggestion is find one with minimal issues on the lot if you don't want to take a chance ordering one and not having it come up to your expectations. Otherwise don't buy a Mustang. Even GM's prized Corvette has issues. My 2024 has none of the issues a few have complained about. And no I don't get paid from Ford to promote anything. I don't need their money.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Dealers should just fix it and send a complaint to Ford.
Who foots the bill for these? The dealership? Most are independently owned and operated, so why you'd think they should do the work for free is beyond comprehension.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea... That would drive my OCD off the scale.
I don't have OCD. I have CDO. It's a lot like OCD, but the letters are all in the correct f*cking order.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Especially strange considering the fact that some major misalignments can be corrected in a couple of minutes, some even without any tools.
great point….there are not minutes…. There are roughly 54 seconds… that’s all..
To go and extra layer a minute of downtime is $10,000 lost… the company can’t afford that, so if it’s too much of a problem, it’s cheaper to warranty the repair individually through a dealer.
So why is a 2024 Toyota Corolla’s paint, fit, finish and quality better for half the price? Help me understand?
a quick google search determined that’s a lie
S650 Mustang Is this normal from ford? IMG_1772

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To go and extra layer a minute of downtime is $10,000 lost…
More precisely, how much a minute of downtime costs is based on the amount of profit that assembly lines would have produced during that 1 minute.

For example, if a new vehicle comes off the assembly line every single minute, and the average profit for a vehicle off that line is $10,000, then - yes - it's $10K per minute. But if they produce, say, one vehicle every 2 minutes and 45 seconds, and the average profit margin on vehicles from that line is, say, $6000, then 1 minute of downtime will cost roughly $2,200.

I know this because suppliers who cause the assembly lines to shut down get charged back for the time lost. We have not done that in the ~12 years my company has been producing major sub-assemblies for most of the NA Ford APs. But back in the day, the company I worked for then shut down Dodge City Warren Truck Assembly (Ram and Dakota pickups) a number of times, as the vehicles came off the assembly line right where our components were installed (tires and wheel assemblies). Those costs were significant.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I still believe some people here are paid by or work for Ford to back them up whenever they can.
Really, how the hell did you determine that. Just because someone is more understanding of the automakers industry and their "human" faults, that makes them employees of that industry...... Come On Man!!

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Who foots the bill for these? The dealership? Most are independently owned and operated, so why you'd think they should do the work for free is beyond comprehension.
As I wrote in the part you didn't quote: such realignments that take only a few minutes should be expected to be possible within the realm of financial and personnel resources even of the smallest dealership when they receive the cars and prepare it for the lot or the buyer, don't they?
And the dealer should have much interest in providing the customer a car he is happy with and who doesn't come back later when that problem expends to a logistical challenge with making an appointment, possibly arranging a loaner and so on.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Really, how the hell did you determine that. Just because someone is more understanding of the automakers industry and their "human" faults, that makes them employees of that industry...... Come On Man!!
A billion Dollar company that does not pay a bunch full of people to be active on forums to back up Ford?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I wrote in the part you didn't quote: such realignments that take only a few minutes should be expected to be possible within the realm of financial and personnel resources even of the smallest dealership when they receive the cars and prepare it for the lot or the buyer, don't they?
And the dealer should have much interest in providing the customer a car he is happy with and who doesn't come back later when that problem expends to a logistical challenge with making an appointment, possibly arranging a loaner and so on.
Completely disagree.

"Only a few minutes"? Sorry, there is no such thing at a dealership when it comes to investigating and addressing issues with vehicles. When was the last time you took a vehicle to a dealership to have something looked at, and all it took was "only a few minutes". Me? NEVER.

For the second time, most dealerships are independently owned and operated. That means someone else - not Ford Motor Company - is writing a paycheck to the techs who work on the vehicles. They are no charity cases - they are for-profit businesses.

Now extrapolate that by the number of customers who will bring their vehicles back (again and again and again) for the most minute things that should "only take a few minutes". Again, that cost is on the dealership, not Ford.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have refused delivery for such a blatant screw up
Agreed. But ... I'm pretty sure the OP didn't notice these issues until a few days after he took delivery. Yes, that's on him for not performing an adequate PDI himself, but it's too late for him now.
Sponsored