• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Price increase on paint colors?

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I just noticed the following prices on paint colors for the MY24 Mustang. My Atlas Blue Metallic GT just showed up at the dealer and I know for a fact there was no upcharge for that color when I ordered. Here's what I'm seeing:

Atlas Blue Metallic $295
Grabber Blue: $295
Vapor Blue $295
Race Red $295
Dark Matter Gray $495

Not sure if Dark Matter Gray was an upcharge before but I'm pretty certain that was no $295 charge for Atlas Blue, Grabber Blue or Vapor Blue previously.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
You have the order sheet I assume?
Just my original order sheet. I noticed these paint prices when I went to check something on the Ford Mustang build and price website.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,

It doesn't show a charge on my sticker.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury

It doesn't show a charge on my sticker.
Yeah no charge on mine either for Atlas Blue. So these are new price increases but not sure when they popped up. $495 for Dark Matter Gray isn't nothing:)

Just more stealth inflation going on here instead of just raising the MSRP.....

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I guess it's because it's a metallic paint?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
This is on top of the $465 increase they dropped in our laps a couple months ago? Sheesh!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If you're not familiar with the topic, discuss Price Protection with the dealer.

If an $$$ increase does occur after an order is placed, Ford covers the difference. The only qualification is the person who buys the car is the same one who ordered it.

After the price change, all future documentation (window sticker, invoice, etc.) reflects the new pricing. Your car arrived with paint costing a premium. At signing, the actual price of the car should be what you originally agreed to.

The dealer will sell the car at the original price, then apply for Price Protection from Ford. Ford will gift the dealer the difference, weeks later. To you, it's all transparent.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
If you're not familiar with the topic, discuss Price Protection with the dealer.

If an $$$ increase does occur after an order is placed, Ford covers the difference. The only qualification is the person who buys the car is the same one who ordered it.

After the price change, all future documentation (window sticker, invoice, etc.) reflects the new pricing. Your car arrived with paint costing a premium. At signing, the actual price of the car should be what you originally agreed to.

The dealer will sell the car at the original price, then apply for Price Protection from Ford. Ford will gift the dealer the difference, weeks later. To you, it's all transparent.
Yes I am price protected as there was another $200+ MSRP increase from the time I ordered until now. I didn't have a price increase on my paint color so this have been after my window sticker was printed. Just thought it was interesting that they increased these paint colors.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Yes I am price protected
:thumbsup:

Ya, I don't expect paint prices to subside any time soon. It's been something of a rolling series of issues. Pandemic and global production halts, petrochemical shortages during the Winter in Texas that reduced refinery output at the time, the war in EUR (material shortages, sanctions on Russia), new housing and construction and new vehicle sales (big trucks and SUVs with a lot of surface area).

Paints or finishes of any kind are expensive as all get out.

Last edited:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Cause $60k for a Mustang GT isn't enough?

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
In the uk the only 'free' colour is oxford white,
Race red is £500
most others are £800
Vapour and grabber blue are £1150

Blue ember is free* but you must buy it with the £1350 appearance pack which makes it the most expensive colour.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My DMG ordered late February had no extra cost for paint color. I've purchased multiple Fords in the past few years, before/during/after Covid, inflation and the "shortage of everything". I think my 2022 truck was ordered fall 2021, built in Jan 22, sat waiting for chips until May before the dealer got it. It dodged 2 or 3 different price hikes. Ford does this all the time, sometimes straight MSRP increases that always make the industry news feeds and sometimes more targeted at certain options. Sometimes it's directly tied to something going on in the market and sometimes it's just a way to nibble extra money or allow room to offer incentives...which also tend to make the news more often than a simple paint option price increase.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
I just noticed the following prices on paint colors for the MY24 Mustang. My Atlas Blue Metallic GT just showed up at the dealer and I know for a fact there was no upcharge for that color when I ordered. Here's what I'm seeing:

Atlas Blue Metallic $295
Grabber Blue: $295
Vapor Blue $295
Race Red $295
Dark Matter Gray $495

Not sure if Dark Matter Gray was an upcharge before but I'm pretty certain that was no $295 charge for Atlas Blue, Grabber Blue or Vapor Blue previously.
It must happen quite a bit. I ordered a splash yellow in June 73, never got till end of September. Nothing ever said about colour till it came in, now $495.00 extra. Never was on my order with dealer also. Dealer was fair I paid $250.00 and have some free oil changes and hand car washes. 👍

Rookrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This increase happened this past weekend I believe. Almost put in my DMG order last Friday but decided to call it in on Monday. Bam!!! That'll be an extra $495. WTF?!?! Thankfully, they're giving away 2 ounces of red paint on the Brembos for a mere $495.
Sponsored