• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Start/Stop Eliminator

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Of course it doesn't fully work on new vehicles. Because they are new. But they eventually get added, and the list of features and options you can enable/disable/change grows exponentially.

Yes, but that same OBD dongle can be used with Forscan on ALL your Ford and Lincoln vehicles, not just one (that you installed a $100 bypass in). I've used the same OBDLink MX dongle on all four Ford vehicles I've purchased since 2016 (when I bought the dongle).

Sure, if you don't want to do anything besides get rid of the auto stop/start, pay $100 and be done. But if you want ot be able to do other cool things, go Forscan.

There are features on the Broncos that Forscan can't get to work. Has nothing to do with time.

Some newer vehicles will need a newer OBD dongle. The one I use on my 18 F150 will not connect to my 23 Bronco and Forscan recommends a new version.

I do see the benefits of Forscan as I have used it on lots of vehicles. But I have seen it become less useful on some vehicles lately.
Sponsored

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
First, good news for anyone who hasn't wanted to give it a try, ForScan DOES work on the s650. Yes, the website does say it is not supported. Lets clarify... working and supported and two completely different things. It DOES work, but if you run into an issue, ForScan will not SUPPORT you with those issues.

Second, you CAN disable the Auto Stop/Start. I'll post the video I followed below. Four things before you try it:
1) Although ForScan is Free, you will need a cable to connect your PC to your car and an extended license.
Cable I purchased from Amazon ($20) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MQ8GHG3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Extended license can be created free for a 2 month free trial. After that it's $12 / year.
2) It should save automatically, but make sure you make a backup of your system first.
3) The video is not for an S650, so the module name is slightly different:
In the Video - BdyCM
In the S650 - BCM
4) The feature you are going to edit looks to also be tied to the Battery Monitoring system. After making the change, my battery indicator now stays lit. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this setting or not.

Video on how to disable Auto Stop/Start:
https://www.google.com/search?q=tur...&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_683sZa3gH5SHptQPpu6MsA4_24

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
First, good news for anyone who hasn't wanted to give it a try, ForScan DOES work on the s650. Yes, the website does say it is not supported. Lets clarify... working and supported and two completely different things. It DOES work, but if you run into an issue, ForScan will not SUPPORT you with those issues.

Second, you CAN disable the Auto Stop/Start. I'll post the video I followed below. Four things before you try it:
1) Although ForScan is Free, you will need a cable to connect your PC to your car and an extended license.
Cable I purchased from Amazon ($20) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MQ8GHG3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Extended license can be created free for a 2 month free trial. After that it's $12 / year.
2) It should save automatically, but make sure you make a backup of your system first.
3) The video is not for an S650, so the module name is slightly different:
In the Video - BdyCM
In the S650 - BCM
4) The feature you are going to edit looks to also be tied to the Battery Monitoring system. After making the change, my battery indicator now stays lit. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this setting or not.

Video on how to disable Auto Stop/Start:
https://www.google.com/search?q=turn+off+auto+start/stop+forscan&rlz=1C1ONGR_enUS1062US1062&oq=turn+off+auto+start/stop+forscan&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIICAEQABgWGB4yCAgCEAAYFhgeMggIAxAAGBYYHjINCAQQABiGAxiABBiKBTINCAUQABiGAxiABBiKBTINCAYQABiGAxiABBiKBdIBCDYyNzhqMGo0qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_683sZa3gH5SHptQPpu6MsA4_24
Poor person that buys it next and doesnā€™t know itā€™s been edited. I keep pushing that darn button it donā€™t work hey mr service man how much to fix?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Poor person that buys it next and doesnā€™t know itā€™s been edited. I keep pushing that darn button it donā€™t work hey mr service man how much to fix?
I would advise of the changes (including what was changed) to a potential buyer. Worst case, I would return it to all As-Built settings before I sold it.

Forecast is NOT rocket science.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would advise of the changes (including what was changed) to a potential buyer. Worst case, I would return it to all As-Built settings before I sold it.

Forecast is NOT rocket science.
Hex edit assumed values is getting close

edit: a plug and play or inline device is much easier to troubleshoot blind than an edit to a hex value.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What happens if you just unplug or ā€˜hotwireā€™ the button?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hex edit assumed values is getting close

edit: a plug and play or inline device is much easier to troubleshoot blind than an edit to a hex value.
Not for me.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reactions: Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
35+ years in IT, half of that coding. šŸ˜‰
Ah a true touch typist, lol, learning to type (the keyboard) solely from the light cast via the monitor.

edit: when your keyboard can be considered code because all the markings have been worn away.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What happens if you just unplug or ā€˜hotwireā€™ the button?
It's a normally open momentary switch. It will just stay open and reset to AS/S "on" upon restart.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah a true touch typist, lol, learning to type (the keyboard) solely from the light cast via the monitor.

edit: when your keyboard can be considered code because all the markings have been worn away.
Lol. Honest, Forscan is so easy, even a caveman can do it.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a normally open momentary switch. It will just stay open and reset to AS/S "on" upon restart.
Can we make it fail forward, as in fault to off?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)